Profiles Lost

Wererommel

Guest deleted34304850

All this fuss, and no one has asked if I checked the disk for errors, in retrospect an obvious thing to do. I just checked C: and did find a number of errors. Did they cause the disaster? Possibly, but there is no way to be sure. The D: disk was error free, and that had both Skyrim and Vortex on it. However, the database was on C: (no way to change that). Unfortunately, the database is locked to users, so I can't examine it, much less fix any problems.

Looks like I'll have to forget about all those intact game files and start over, but not before I replace the C: disk.

go back to the start of this thread and read your posts and your replies when people have asked for more details.

in every post, you attempt to blame vortex for your issues, or google-induced malware and when asked on several occasions what happened on your system, you clearly say "nothing".

an impending disk failure is "nothing"?

i think we can safely say that all this is nothing to do with vortex at all and we can all move on and live happily ever after.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>In every post, you attempt to blame vortex for your issues, or google-induced malware

And you tried to blame me for imaginary errors, and said I was lying when I told you I had shared everything.

This is not customer-friendly service.

Guest deleted34304850

no, again, you're throwing shade on people who tried to help you. also, you're not my customer. you're a nexusmods member, same as myself. not one person who tried to help you in this thread called you a liar, in fact the only lies in this entire thread have been posted by you with that false assertion. weird huh?

I asked you questions (that you didn't answer) and made no accusations. go back and read the thread, it will be educational for you.

if you're done blaming others for your issues, we can move on now, yes?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

So far as I can recall, you haven't said a single thing that was helpful, merely demanded information I didn't have and accused me of things I didn't do. When I finally found the source of the problem without your "assistance", you continued to harangue me. Have you nothing better to do than insult strangers on the Internet?

So far as I can recall, you haven't said a single thing that was helpful, merely demanded information I didn't have and accused me of things I didn't do. When I finally found the source of the problem without your "assistance", you continued to harangue me. Have you nothing better to do than insult strangers on the Internet?

to open a command prompt - hit your windows key and R (run) then in the box that pops up, enter CMD and you should get a very basic DOS prompt.

That might have been useful if it had anything to do with my problem.

I getcha.

What happens if I uninstall Vortex and then reinstall it?

Problem is, Tannin42 told you to use a command prompt, you instead, ignored his directions and used powershell, in spite of what the Developer of Vortex (Tannin42) told you to do.

1ae then told you how to correctly bring up the command prompt, so yes, it had everything to do with your problem.

He told me to use the command prompt. I very seldom do that. When I looked at the menu, it was no longer there. I checked the online documentation and found I needed to hit Windows-X to bring up the command prompt. Searching the Microsoft documentation, I found only more old and useless information, so I switched to Powershell. Then, he told me about typing CMD, which might have been useful at an earlier point, but as it turned out, the whole thing was a waste of time.

I suppose somebody has to be the adult here, so it might as well be me.

Thank you for your assistance and goodbye.

He told me to use the command prompt. I very seldom do that. When I looked at the menu, it was no longer there. I checked the online documentation and found I needed to hit Windows-X to bring up the command prompt. Searching the Microsoft documentation, I found only more old and useless information, so I switched to Powershell. Then, he told me about typing CMD, which might have been useful at an earlier point, but as it turned out, the whole thing was a waste of time.

Thank you for your assistance and goodbye.

Too late.

After you spent the entire thread blaming Vortex, The Developer of Vortex, and everybody else in the thread who tried to help you, you say that.

Wow.

Bye.

Guest deleted34304850

That might have been useful if it had anything to do with my problem.

I'm embarassed for you. I really, truly am.

I haven't insulted you, not even once. I haven't called you a liar, not even once.

You come in here with a problem, give up no information aside from "nothing has changed", accusing Vortex, Google, malware, and now people trying to help you.

Can you see a theme here?

You didn't know the difference between Power Shell and a command prompt. You didn't know how to fire up a command prompt. You couldn't cut/paste the commands without inserting errors. You didn't know the difference between running an install as admin and running a product. I could go on.

You call people out because they didn't tell you to check your hard disks. You accuse people of calling you a liar when that simply hasn't happened.

I hope your new hard disk serves you well. You may want to ask an adult to install it for you as you could injure yourself if you don't know what you're doing, which based on your attitude, knowledge and tone this entire thread is a very real possibility. Good luck in your future endevors.