Having major fps lag on AMD cards? I have a fix which requires no down

icebatboy

If you're like me, you are pretty proud of your computer. Sure it uses out of date specs but it still rivals most stuff in the current gen. I use the ATI RADEON HD 4890 and a Intel 2 Quad Q6600 overclocked to 3.00GHz. It's quite a powerful machine and it can run skyrim. So why was I lagging like hell outside? If I stayed still with nothing happening and I did nothing, it ran really smoothly. But the second I move the mouse? FPS drops to about 10fps. I found a fix, but it might only be for AMD cards.

The resolution is to simply go into your catalyst control center, ( if you're an AMD user you should have this, if not you need to install it, it is a major helper when it comes to new games ) And change the VSync options to:

Vertical Sync: Off, unless application specifies. ( Skyrim will constantly try to force vsync, which is a problem because it can drop the framerate to make it 'smoother'. )

Triple Buffering: Enabled. ( This turns Vsync into a useless spectator to a gamers hero, on OPENGL games such as skyrim it renders an extra frame with no pressure on the CPU or GPU at all times on the fly. This will make your skyrim run smooth as butter and it really helps with the FPS. )

I don't know if this helps you guys but it helped me.