Modding combat Ai

JDAVIDM215

So i downloaded CK yesterday and was experimenting with a simple mod to edit ysolda's character data so she doesn't run from battle, i added spells, perks, a class, and combat style aggression is 1, attacks enemies on sight ,and her confidence is topped. finally i checked the box that makes her level with me.

When i save the plugin in my data folder it doesn't overwrite anything, and the effects don't take place in-game. she just runs away, and wont level with me.

Are there scripts controlling her combat AI, or is there something important i'm missing about exporting data to existing NPCs?

i did tag it, its last on my load order so the info in my mod should take priority over anything else. still no effect, should i try enabling and disabling her reference, would that make the game cross check with the info in her base id?

Edited by JDAVIDM215

well, just thought some of you hopeful modders like me would find this interesting.

prior to editing these values in creation kit i was told by the console, values for confidence and aggression could not be changed in console. afterwards they can for some reason.

still cant get her to level up though.

"edit actually force and mod av commands still don't work. if someone with more experience wanted to try so they could let me know what i did wrong i would appreciate it greatly! it only took me minutes to make the edits i did. there isn't anything that appears like it references the changes i made, when i view the properties of the mod. but it is all about ysolda."

Edited by JDAVIDM215