• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

poopmasterc

poopmasterc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I recently bought Oblivion because it went for sale on Steam. When I launch it the menus flicker, I will provide a video link. I did have Oblivion and Morrowind and tried to get Morroblivion and remember having this issue. I can't remember if it was happening before or after I installed mods including Morroblivion. I have went through and think I have all the old files deleted. I have also uninstalled Oblivion and re-installed.

I can upload a video if necessary. Also the flickering has black rectangles behind the words on the menu and then some elements of the menu disappear and reappear very rapidly.

Thanks.

Specs: Sorry for it being so long I just wanted to give everything.

Spoiler

Edited by poopmasterc, 03 June 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Hickory

Hickory

Indigenous species

• Premium Member
  • 8,422 posts

Did you delete your \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini after you uninstalled?  You *need* to.

poopmasterc

poopmasterc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Did you delete your \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini after you uninstalled?  You *need* to.

I deleted the entire \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\ folder.

poopmasterc

poopmasterc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I just launched the game and the textures in-game flicker too. Like the walls and such distort and flicker. It's unplayable, because it gets very annoying.

Edited by poopmasterc, 03 June 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Hickory

Hickory

Indigenous species

• Premium Member
  • 8,422 posts

Are you forcing AA *and* HDR/Bloom?  Oblivion doesn't like, and won't allow (without graphic card control panel intervention) both at the same time.

Oh, and would you be so kind as to put that huge DXDiag blurb into spoiler tabs, please?

poopmasterc

poopmasterc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Are you forcing AA *and* HDR/Bloom?  Oblivion doesn't like, and won't allow (without graphic card control panel intervention) both at the same time.

Oh, and would you be so kind as to put that huge DXDiag blurb into spoiler tabs, please?

How do I tell if I am forcing them to run? And how would I stop it?

Hickory

Hickory

Indigenous species

• Premium Member
  • 8,422 posts

The game won't allow you to use both, so if you have AA in-game it will disable HDR, and likewise if you have HDR enabled the game will disable AA.  However, if you have your graphics card set to enable AA (AntiAliasing) for Oblivion.exe in it's control panel while you have HDR set in-game, you may find that could be your problem, though if you have to ask I somehow doubt if that is the case.  If that is so, then your next step should be to post here a mod list taken from Wrye Bash (because it gives vital information, and you should have a Bshed Patch with mods anyway), and also a list of any OBSE/OBGE plugins installed.

poopmasterc

poopmasterc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The game won't allow you to use both, so if you have AA in-game it will disable HDR, and likewise if you have HDR enabled the game will disable AA.  However, if you have your graphics card set to enable AA (AntiAliasing) for Oblivion.exe in it's control panel while you have HDR set in-game, you may find that could be your problem, though if you have to ask I somehow doubt if that is the case.  If that is so, then your next step should be to post here a mod list taken from Wrye Bash (because it gives vital information, and you should have a Bshed Patch with mods anyway), and also a list of any OBSE/OBGE plugins installed.

I have no mods or any extensions installed, so I can't provide a mod list. I did a fresh installation and made sure to remove everything. Also, HDR/Bloom is off.

Edited by poopmasterc, 03 June 2013 - 10:01 PM.

Hickory

Hickory

Indigenous species

• Premium Member
  • 8,422 posts

I have no mods or any extensions installed, so I can't provide a mod list. I did a fresh installation and made sure to remove everything. Also, HDR/Bloom is off.

Then since you have a clean install, a clean ini file, and no mods, all I can suggest is that it is a problem with your graphics driver.  Try updating, or even rolling back to a previous version.

poopmasterc

poopmasterc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Then since you have a clean install, a clean ini file, and no mods, all I can suggest is that it is a problem with your graphics driver.  Try updating, or even rolling back to a previous version.

Will do. I will post an update when done.

Update:

Did not seem to help. I am going to shoot Bethesda's tech support an email. Thank you for all the help.

Update 2:

After re-installing the current driver my game seems to work perfectly. Thank you once again, now I can play Oblivion again!

Edited by poopmasterc, 04 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oblivion, flicker, issue, tech, elder scrolls

Page loaded in: 1.340 seconds