Donations

WilsonBall

I am keen to donate to a handful of Skyrim mod authors. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your perspective, that list now contains more than 40 unique authors. Single donations is tedious. Nexus' Mod Author Donation Fund is too broad. Is there some other mechanism I might use to make this a bit easier?

• 2 weeks later...

There really has to be a better way. PayPal will take a 2.2% + $0.30 cut. The credit card tied to PayPal will take a 3.5% cut. By the time my $5 donation gets to the recipient, it is only $4.41 -- knocked out of Starbucks' price range.

If I do this 40x, that's 80 transaction fees. Economy of scale is non-existent.

Guest deleted34304850

contact all the mod authors and ask them to give you their name, address and full bank account details and the security number on the back of their credit card.

tell them you're going to give them some money.

honesty up front will surely reap its rewards.

do not, under any circumstance tell them you're the offspring of a nigerian prince. unless, of course, you are the offspring of a nigerian prince.

I can understand where you're coming from, but there's not really a middle ground at the moment. There are some things we could potentially do in this regard, but I can't say for sure if it would happen. For now direct donations is the best option though.

+1 :thumbsup: for 1ae ... I'm still chuckling minutes after the first read (and second, and third ...).