Possibly more of a Max question

hoodoo_man

Hi,

I haven't had much luck resolving issues on this forum, but there are a whole lot more Max users here than over at TESA, so I thought I would give it a shot ;).

This may be more of a 3DSMax question, but it involves a Skyrim mod, Skyrim meshes, and Skyrim weighting, so I hope it's appropriate. I'm working on a project. I extracted the "sash" from the mage robes while managing to keep the weighting intact. I then applied transformations (scaling, rotation, animorphic scaling) to it and got things looking pretty much how I wanted. Then I saved--because generally that's what you do when things go unexpectedly smoothly :P.

Now, when I load the save, Max thinks the transformations are already applied, but it looks very much like they are not, or not entirely. Regardless, it looks wrong and not how I saved it at all. And I didn't even mess with the "editable mesh" or "skin" layers or anything. I let it all stay together. Was that my problem?

Any advice about this would be very much appreciated. Did I mention I have cookies? I might even have a fishy stick lying around :P.

Hoodoo Man