About a sword, an old and long forgotten blacksmith and quests

caians

Well, hello everyone. I was thinking about fantasy stories these days and I've come to an idea. I would do this myself if I had at least a basci knowledge of modding, but I don't. And I neither have the time to. So, I will at least help as I can the one who decide to do this. It'll be a long text, since it's an well imagined suggestion rather than a simple request. So, inspired by Eragon, LotR and some other books, I think I have something good to propose. So here's the background (sorry for my bad english):

You meet and old, very old blacksmith (at first, it should be a breton) in the wilds, sitting all by himself in front of his little and cozy shack playing a song in his flute. You talk to him to find he's a very friendly person, and greets you with something like "Hello, adventurer! May I ask you what's a lad/lass like you doing in the wilds?". If you answer gladly, he then begins a conversation, asking your story and telling you his own. He was a farmer at High Rock who has always dedicated himself to music, smithing and alteration magic. Since he was a kid, he was a very talented person in all this arts. When he was young, the court required him to be a bard for the nobles, a task he couldn't refuse, altought he wanted to. He then fled from High Rock to know the world and find inspiration and knowledge. He was always a devote to the divines and so on (still thinking the rest of the story). Than he says he is dying, for he's very old and don't have much time left. You ask what's he's doing in the wilds then, and he says he wants to make his last and best piece of art to leave a contribution - a sword and a song - to the world before he passes away. He asks you to bring him from 5 to 10 books, one by one (one quest for each book, rewarding gold or some misc thing), for he wants to write a song about his adventures. These books are very, very hard to find ingame, have few clues of location and usually hard fights to get, and if you suceed to return all of them to him, he will be largely surprised, for he says he didn't expect help from a stranger, further for such a difficult quest. He says something like "Tell you what, lad/lass, I'll dedicate the sword I want to do for such a great spirit and benevolent one as you, for this old man finds you worthy of the greatest honor he can do for anyone in life. You've been a friend in my last days.". The old Breton asks you to bring him what he needs to do the sword, because he cannot do it by himself anymore. He asks some ebony ingots, steel ingots, frost salts, dragon bone, a flawless diamond, two flawless amethists and a snow bear pelt. He asks you to return in three days.

When you return, he talks to you in a sick, tired voice, and gives you his last piece of art, a book and a (at first) two-handed sword with the same name: Blavinden. In the book, he tells his adventures across Tamriel and mention you in his last days. The sword is imbued with ice magic and an unbreakable metal heated with magic and fire. As for the model, I imagined something like a classic european sword, like the mod "The Bastard" or "Longclaw", with the grip revested with the snow bear fur, the cross-guard made of dragon bone and steel with the diamond in the center and the pommel made of dragon bone and steel too. The blade itself is made of steel, ebony, powdered amethists and frost salts, resulting in a sharp, dark blue piece of hard metal. The scabbard is made of snow bear fur, dragon bone, leather and/or steel. It has as much damage as a dragon bone weapon and it has a frost damage enchantment and a very small chance of doing a great amount of unresistable damage.

Of course the one who start to do this can modify it as he sees fit, this is an idea.

After the conversation when you get the sword and the book, the old breton dies peacefully, and you lead on with your adventures.

Whoever feels motivated to do this may talk to me. Thank you for the attention, C. Silva.