Druid Essentials - A mod for the Druid Enthusiast

Arcane51388

when i meant by unnecessary data, with the reforestation mod, I'm talking about the mod spawns new objects on the world map that serve no real purpose. when you can "grow" plants anywhere, it creates additional data weight on the save file for that user's game. That sort of clutter can contribute to bloated save files. The water walking spell indeed takes up data, but it's actually something that serves a purpose for a player who does not want to swim near areas with lots of water. Plus it's just one spell in comparison to a bunch of potential trees that can flood the game's world space. The trees/plants grown on that mod are only for aesthetic purposes since the mod creator mentioned that the plants don't create any harvesting points, nor do anything else. That is unnecessary data.

The druid mod we are in the process of releasing has a "tree of life" power that does spawn a tree once a day that produces multiple effects that benefits the druid and his/her allies. The difference is, after a set duration of time, the tree despawns to avoid the spell cluttering the game's landscape.

As arcane mentioned, the water walking spell serves it's purpose as the druid is able to manipulate the natural environment they are in, including water. Although you may not find it useful, others might have some fun with it, and may even use it frequently. I understand there are stand alone water walking spells, but just because they're available out there, doesn't necessarily mean it should get left out of a mod with a collection of many spells. Plus creating a stand alone water walking spell would clutter a user's mod loader. I learned the hard way because I used to release stand alone summon files. After making nearly 38 different stand alone spells, many people asked if i could compile my mods into one file. As I eventually learned, making one spell for a stand alone file is a waste of a user's maximum mod limit, and in the end, if another mod can provide them with multiple spells in one package, they end up deleting the stand alone file.

Edited by zeroeternalz

Interesting idea.

If done right, and given enough care, this could be quite the awesome mod. As a "druid" theme is broad, and can contain everything people look for in a mod. It could contain dynamic gameplay, interesting areas, cool new effects and perhaps even shape shifting -- as in custom animations where you can see the shifts. Parts of the body could change, as in Protoype, with a catchy effect that does not hinder the gameplay -- such as Prototype.

There could be quests, scripts, weapons and armor with a very natural theme, and all tailored to run smoothly.

I'd love to see this go far! And it could go very far given the right modding team, and giving it time. And consider we still havn't heard about TES6 yet, time is something we got.

I'm willing to help out! As a modeller, texturer, particle fx and maybe even animations.

Sent a message to Arcane about it, with images of my previous work.

Cheers,

Matth

Thanks for the messge Matth, i read it and i an impressed with your work.. Unfortunatly we are near complete on work for druid essentials. I wish you would have joined us sooner. We will be working on a mod focusing on necromancer, followed by one focused on samurai. I will definitly need your help for those as i have ideas on a modeler can do. My modeling only goes as far as texturing and a little nifskope. Now my current situation is ZeroEternals has disapeared and i have not heard from him in 6 days. Makes me worried because i have no connection to him asside from email and steam. So I am not sure what has happened to him... So until ZeroEternalz comes around Druid Essetials will probably not get completed. Or i may release it as a WIP.

Looks good, its a shame to hear it might not get completed. Good luck!

The necromancer mod sounds intriguing, if you need any help with modelling/scripting/ideas, I'd be happy to lend a hand (I've got a few WIPs on my plate at the moment, but they are starting to get finished up). Just drop me a PM or find me in the Bethesda forums if your interested

- Hypno

Edited by hypno88

As far as this mod is completed, it may have to do without the new mobs and a few visual effects from spells. But i do plan on releaseing this mod by the last day of June. I feel there is enough stuff to be broken up into 5 seperate mods. So if it misses a few things it will still be a great mod. I just wish Zero would come out of hiding.. :(

Thanks for the messge Matth, i read it and i an impressed with your work.. Unfortunatly we are near complete on work for druid essentials. I wish you would have joined us sooner. We will be working on a mod focusing on necromancer, followed by one focused on samurai. I will definitly need your help for those as i have ideas on a modeler can do. My modeling only goes as far as texturing and a little nifskope. Now my current situation is ZeroEternals has disapeared and i have not heard from him in 6 days. Makes me worried because i have no connection to him asside from email and steam. So I am not sure what has happened to him... So until ZeroEternalz comes around Druid Essetials will probably not get completed. Or i may release it as a WIP.

I really really hope that you'll work Necromancer and Samurai's mods so that there wont be problem integratin em with an already created char,..

from what i read of your druid mod, i think those other 2 will be very valuable for my Idea of my main char as well, so as said im hopin there wont be problems integratin their "effects" on a pre-exhistin char.

Lookin Forward to have news about those 3 works, thank and keep goin

ps: Since, from what i remind of the description, this druid mod doesnt cover Shapeshifting, cud ya pls suggest a mod for "druid shapeshifting" wich cud integrate well with your?