Need Help Finding SPEC_ROGUE_ASSASSIN in 2DA File!

Hi Guy's. I'll try to make this sort and to the point. I'm trying to create a Specialization that unlock after you've killed a party member. However, I can't find the .xls file in the 2DA folder that contains the ID's for:

SPEC_ROGUE_RANGER

SPEC_ROGUE_DUELIST

SPEC_ROGUE_BARD

SPEC_ROGUE_ASSASSIN

etc.

If anyone can tell me what the file is called, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

I used Windows Grep and searched the XLS files, and found the specializations in CLA_base.xls. (The spreadsheet uses the text 'SPC_' as a prefix for the disipline, rather than 'SPEC_'.)

The information in the spreadsheet is a bit confusing, but the values in the 'StartingAbility1' column are the same as those listed on the Dragon Age Wiki for the specialization ID codes. (And per the Dragon Age Toolset Wiki, that column's value is '... an index into the ABI 2da. If its valid it will add that ability to the character when you first take a level with the class. This is used for the hidden talent that all classes get. This talent is used in subsequent prereq checks.')

The same values are also used in the game's abi_base.GDA file. (There, the prefix for the specs is 'HIDDEN_', i.e., 'HIDDEN_ARCANE_WARRIOR'), and in the corresponding ABI_base.xls (with the same 'HIDDEN_' prefix.)

Edited by theskymoves

• 3 weeks later...

Inter

I used Windows Grep and searched the XLS files, and found the specializations in CLA_base.xls. (The spreadsheet uses the text 'SPC_' as a prefix for the disipline, rather than 'SPEC_'.)

The information in the spreadsheet is a bit confusing, but the values in the 'StartingAbility1' column are the same as those listed on the Dragon Age Wiki for the specialization ID codes. (And per the Dragon Age Toolset Wiki, that column's value is '... an index into the ABI 2da. If its valid it will add that ability to the character when you first take a level with the class. This is used for the hidden talent that all classes get. This talent is used in subsequent prereq checks.')

The same values are also used in the game's abi_base.GDA file. (There, the prefix for the specs is 'HIDDEN_', i.e., 'HIDDEN_ARCANE_WARRIOR'), and in the corresponding ABI_base.xls (with the same 'HIDDEN_' prefix.)

Interesting. Thank you for the explanation. Now I just have to script the unlock.

Wait, I should have been more specific! When I looked up the script that has Zevran teach the Assassin specialization it says: Unlock SPEC_ROGUE_ASSASSIN

There is no ID code in the script but it does reference the "HIDDEN" part right before the "unlock" part comes up. I'll try to find the script again and show it to you.

Edited by freespeedingbird

I found the script that has Zevran teach the Assassin Specialization. It's: genpt_zevran_main.nss

The line of code is:

case ZEVRAN_MAIN_AGREED_TO_TEACH_ASSASSIN:

{
RW_UnlockSpecializationTrainer(SPEC_ROGUE_ASSASSIN);
break;
(End pasted script line)
Maybe I should be more specific. I'm trying to figure out how to award the player when certain plot flags have been triggered. An example would be accepting the desire demon's offer during the quest to save Conner. If you accept her offer you can unlock Blood Magic. Another example would be when you get the reaver spec from the crazy religious guy after corrupting the Urn.
I'm trying to find the script that causes the unlock to happen so that I can have an example by the developers on how they did their spec unlocks.
I want to create a custom spec that unlocks when you kill a companion. There are plot flags that recognize when a companion has been killed.