NMM Server Select

s1l3ntsh4d0w89

So, I prefer to use the NMM since it's easier for me to keep track of where everything is, but when I select the West Coast option under the download option in the settings of NMM, it automatically chooses Denver, CO as the server.

I live in Norther Idaho and Seattle is much closer.

Can a preferred server feature be implemented into the NMM?

I have to agree.

Before I had set any options in NMM, my downloads were being sent to Salt Lake. But since the Salt Lake servers were timing out (5/5 retries on 3 seperate Salt Lake servers) I decided to set the Fileserver Preference option to West Coast (I live in Seattle) and I continued to be sent to Salt Lake.

I then rebooting and opened NMM and confirmed the option was still set to West Coast. Tried downloading again and was sent to Salt Lake again (luckly it didn't time out that time).

Not upset or anything (I'm not a Premium user so I get what I get...and am happy for it). I just wanted to report my experience and confirm to the OP that he/she isn't alone in this.

Update: This happened again today so I changed the option to European Union and I was still sent to the Salt Lake server.

If NMM always defaults to Salt Lake for everyone, it's no wonder that the Salt Lake server is always timing out.

Edited by Neogrin

• 1 month later...

I agree 100% percent, a better way to choose server's is necessary.

I am a premium user and no matter what I do I always get Denver 2. West Coast? Denver 2. Central? Denver 2. East Coast? Denver 2. EU? Denver 2. Prem servers only with 4 threads open? Denver 2. What's more, the speed is NEVER any faster than 95kb/s. I live in western Canada.

I will sometimes get Kent on the EU setting, but all the US settings still give me Denver 2. The only exception to this is about 3 days ago; I was receiving from the San Francisco server (I didn't even know there was one) when I was trying to download SOS, and I was amazed to find it was sending at over 700 kb/s, nearly 800. That was the fastest download I have had in my experience with NMM.

I would like to state that I also am not mad, but this is ridiculous, I paid real money to get an uncapped download rate, after the first time I used NMM my download rate quickly maxed out at 1000 kb/s and now I find that I rarely if ever get over 90 kb/s per download. My max download rate has not seen 500 let alone 1000, since.

I don't know if server selection is being affected, perhaps, by the # of threads being opened per download, or by traffic or by DoS attacks or whatever, all I want is a little more control over where my download is coming from, in a way that is more akin to choosing the manual download option.

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem. As a premium member if I can get to the Czech Republic server (I live in Czech) I can download at 3Mb/s but even with NMM set to download from premium servers only I end up on the Kent server 99% of the time downloading at 230Kb/s. It's very frustrating when I know I can download more than 10 times faster from another server....I just can almost never download from it! I'm not mad either, but as someone paying real money I would expect to be able to select the Czech server for all my downloads.

All: Remember, NMM is still at the beta development stage. (Which, among other things, means "Not everything works yet.", and "Use at your own risk!")

You can select whichever server you want from the world-wide listing simply choosing to download manually. :thumbsup: