Ok, well here goes; I've got a heavily modded copy of Skyrim, and for some reason, the grass textures look wretched even though I have Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul installed. I also have the High Res texture pack, and 2k HD skyrim by Nebula installed, and have my settings on either Ultra or High, and... well here's what it comes out as;

http://imgur.com/ox7qLfZ,Zn5jBAC#1

Yeah... it's not great.

Any reason for why it could be doing this?

I've edited the .ini for Skyrim (here's what I have)

[Grass]
bAllowLoadGrass=0
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bDrawShaderGrass=1
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6
I've re-downloaded it a couple times, and that hasn't helped, I'm still clueless.
My computer, I am quite sure should be able to handle it, having 8 gigs of ram, being a Pavillion dv7 HP, 64-bit Windows 7, customized machine with a high end graphics card (yes, I know, it's gotten a bit out of date, but it still runs fine, and it ran great with Skyrim when it first came out.) and thanks to a texture compression mod (Ordinator, for those who want to check it out) it runs pretty good and pretty fast.
I had some trouble earlier with low res textures, for a while I couldn't get HD Skyrim to work (I'm still not entirely sure I did) so is it possible this could be a continuation of that?
If my mod list is needed, I can provide it on request.

Anyone? Please, I officially give up. I have gone in done a clean install, wiped everything Skyrim-related from my computer and put it back, re-downloaded the mod through the NMM manager, made the ONE .ini change it requires, and STILL it refuses to work. I am officially at the end of my rope; I have run out of every possible thing I can think of and I don't even WANT to play my game anymore. Just please, someone, help me, I am begging anyone.

PLEASE!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if this will help, but I made the mistake of first trying one type of SFO (I think it was the full version) then uninstalled that with NMM and installed the light version and also Overgrown on top of that.

Thing is, when I got back into my game my trees looked dreadful. Not all, but some. I found out that NMM did not fully uninstall the previous SFO version...I had leftover dds files in there that did not belong.

I manually went through each texture and mesh and deleted the files NMM should have but did not...and then manually installed the lite version with Overgrown.

So maybe if you have installed one version on top of another, this could be your problem?

It seems so, I tried sfo summer edition, but I found the green grass too bright and happy and I wanted to go back to the dirt world but with nice landscapes sometimes, and put back the simple flora overhaul version then I noticed some trees really ugly, but I remember I manually found all files and deletes then put the light version after. Perhaps I should try to remove again the summer edition, maybe I forgot a file or so.

Turn on 8x or 16x Anisotropic Filtering, and watch as all your HD mods instantly triple in quality with almost no performance drop.

Edited by Rennn