NE v2.1.3 + Storms & Sound v3 + S&S Patch?

RangerTeamEcho

Hi, does anyone know if Storms & Sound V3 Lightning for All Weathers will conflict with Natural Environments v.2.1.3?

I plan to install in this order :-

1. Natural Environments v2.1.3 - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2536

2. Storms & Sound V3 Lightning for All Weathers - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8711

3. Storms & Sound Patches - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/38379

From the description of S&S V3, it brings the sound of storms indoors, and natural environment handles weather and storms outside, is this right? Also, i see that S&S is mainly not compatible with something called "NW Arthur's" the mod maker mentioned several times. i tried to search for a mod 'natural weather' but i could not find, i only find something called 'weather - natural', and i don't think it's the same. perhaps it had already been renamed or removed or something? either way, i am not using that. i'm using Kibosh NE v2.1.3. Also i tried to search under 'Arthur' and i could not find anything. i'm not using any other weather mod except for the 3 mentioned above, if u know if this combo works, please let me know, thanks.

Regarding 3. S&S Patches above, i see this noted in the description :-

This Patch can ONLY be used with CBash version of Bashed Patch. I highly recommend downloading Wrye Bash 2.95.
Filter Patch works OK on my game, but I still consider it BETA. Please report any bugs you find in comments section.
File is already tagged with {{BASH:Filter}}. Dont forget to check it under "Merge Patches" section.
Load order - right before Bashed Patch.

I am really unsure what this means; i have no idea what 'bash' 'cbash' '{{BASH:Filter}}' 'Bashed Patch' means, and i am not using wrye bash- i am using OBMM Extended. Can I still install the S&S patches (and/or the V3 main mod)? i do not mind doing it manually, if someone could tell me how.

further, description says the S&S mods provide functionality to the following mods, but i'm not using any of them, so please let me know if i can still install the S&S Patches and gain any benefit in doing so (like hear thunder see lightning flashes outisde, while i'm indoors in the default game?) :-

AFK_Weye v2.1
Amajor Imperial Furniture v1.0
Bank of Cyrodiil v1.11
Bartholm v7.0
Better Cities v4-7-1
Blood & Mud
Imperial Furniture Renovated 1.0
Shezrie's Villages
The Lost Spires v14

CLS-SailboatEx v.1.01
Mudwater v.1.2
Talos Bridge Gatehouse v.1.1
TR Stirk v.1.2
Castle Seaview v.1.1
Kvatch Rebuilt v.1.1

Any reply much appreciated thanks.

Edited by RangerTeamEcho

The 'Natural Weather' is probably referring to Weather - All Natural (Arthmoor was involved in it's development at some time in the past ... plus Enhanced Weather is the precursor to Weather - All Natural). The Weather - All Natural mod page has been curated by different individuals over the years, and AndalayBay (the last person taking care of the mod page) passed it on to the NexusModsCaretaker some time ago. It is the most recent of the main weather mods that I know of.

I don't use either Natural Environments or Weather - All Natural myself ... I use Enhanced Weather, in part because it had a compatibility fix for the alternate start mod I used for my current character (no need to go into details regarding that as it requires a version of a mod that is no longer available).

Wrye Bash is a mod manager (and much more) and is the only way to get a bashed patch. A bashed patch is something that Wrye Bash creates to allow conflicting mods to work together. Without a bashed patch your only option to get conflicting mods to work together is create a patch yourself using the Construction Set. Older versions of Wrye Bash had two methods for creating the bashed patch ... one that used a patching mechanism that was written using the C programming language (C-Bash) and one that uses the same method as is currently the only supported method P-Bash (one that uses the Python library of programming functions).

One of the options available via the bashed patch is called a filter or merge filtering. It allows you to use a patch which covers many different mods without installing all of the mods that the filter patch covers (so for example you could have Castle Seaview from that list but none of the other mods and merge filtering using Wrye Bash will see the one mod that is supported you have installed and ignore all the rest).

That is all just background info for you as you don't have any of the mods that Storms and Sounds Patches supports, so you don't need to use it. The Storms and Sounds Patches doesn't add anything ... it is just so that those listed mods can benefit from the interior stuff.

On the upside Ranger, you won't need to venture down the Wrye Bash rabbit hole just yet (providing you don't install one of those listed mods that is).

hehe ok. maybe later, experiment on the wryebash . but if u say i don't need the patched version , what about the original? the v3 one. can i do like how i did before using OBMM, make it into omod and install like others

Did you read the description? it deals with hearing storms from interior right? i don't think NE does the same thing, so shouldn't clash. the problem is, how would i test? i cant be waiting indefinitely for a storm to occur .... is there a command or something you know of to call a thunderstorm

Edited by RangerTeamEcho

Just Install it. Put the Batch Patch efter all mods but before MOO if you use it and right click that patch and make it. It is simple as that and it will also make many other mods to cooperate well. Wrye knows wich mods that should be included in his patch so it is more or less an automatic procedure really. He is a genius after all. Wrye Bash also uncheck mods if it is possible to include all of the content in the batch which is so damn convenient and will keep the mod list down a bit too. There is no backsides, only good features with it.

I think the first time you use it, you need to create the batch from the file menu.

The console code to force weather thunderstorm is fw 38ef1 (Oblivion:Console is a valuable UESP Wiki resource for troubleshooting and testing ... just be aware that it is entirely possible to break your saveline so limit yourself to testing and troubleshooting until you gain some familiarity with what happens after you do what in the console).

Ahh yes, just tested it : NE + S&S v3 works. i tested a before and after scenario, right outside a shop in IC marketplace.

After applying the S&S v3, i could hear the storm if i ran inside the shop. Before i installed it, it was dead silent inside.

Storm & Sounds v3 only overwrites one file in my system : textures\dungeons\misc\shockparticle01.dds

whether that .dds was from NE or not i do not know, but i only have one weather control mod and that's NE 2.1.3.

btw. do birds still fly in formation during thunderstorms at night? this seems a bit unrealistic... they do for me, if the bird formation already spawned before the storm. i mean u could reload, but i decided to wait as bit to see how long they would fly.... like over 5 minutes and they were still flying above my head.... i invoked several storms using fw 38ef1

Edited by RangerTeamEcho

I don't have birds flying overhead in my game, so it's coming from one of your mods. All I hear is birdsong when passing by the places that Bethesda placed the sound trigger.

Not all mods will repond 100% appropriately from a console triggered weather change ... even one of my own personal use mods has inconsistent behaviour when testing using console controlled weather (or maybe there is always some inconsistency, not really an issue for me as the package conditions that check weather are only there to approximate somewhat realistic behaviour ... I mean people do sometimes go outside even though it's raining or snowing).

no no i'm not saying the birds came from the storms & sound. i know where it's from, it's from NE,

i'm just suggesting there should a switch or something to rermove the birds , if a storm should trigger, because they uhm.. remain overhead for quite long. even during a storm lol. looks a bit weird.

Edited by RangerTeamEcho