Packin question?

Here a little screen shot of the packin I am working through. Concept electrical substation packin for FO4. Packin makes use of a lever to energize the utility pole which in turn provides 100 units of power for the settlement

66717096-1623036359.png

Edited by pepperman35

I struggle with the concept of sourceless/endless energy objects in the game, oil lamps and generators that run for ever on one oil.

A token fusion cell or core in the _co recipe for energised objects its the best I have come up with.

Out of intellectual (non challenging) interest do you have a back story as to where the power that is being distributed comes from ?

I struggle with the concept of sourceless/endless energy objects in the game, oil lamps and generators that run for ever on one oil.

A token fusion cell or core in the _co recipe for energised objects its the best I have come up with.

Out of intellectual (non challenging) interest do you have a back story as to where the power that is being distributed comes from ?

I struggle with that in any game. When was the last time you entered a cave or ruin, as supposedly the first in a millennia, where you actually had to light the torches and braziers(?)

The fusion core is a nice option for some 'explanation' in this case.

On the other hand, a substation (in reality) doesn't 'generate' power. It only transmits and distributes the incoming power (from a powerplant)

And I don't care about realism in fo4 at all. Fallout is initially no more realistic than the Elder Scrolls. If houses in 200 years look as if the bombing took place 20 years ago, and these houses are inhabited by idiots who for 200 years have not removed skeleton models from the anatomical office from the streets, then electricity can also be eternal and come from nowhere. )

I don't know what fallout was originally, but bethesda made a mixture of social satire with absurdism out of the game. All this unkillable nukecola and caps instead of money, crazy corporations and total retrofuturism. In general, I like the game precisely because of its moronic nature. In the game everything that can be imagined - everything can be and is not buzzing with explanations.

And I don't care about realism in fo4 at all. Fallout is initially no more realistic than the Elder Scrolls. If houses in 200 years look as if the bombing took place 20 years ago, and these houses are inhabited by idiots who for 200 years have not removed skeleton models from the anatomical office from the streets, then electricity can also be eternal and come from nowhere. )

I don't know what fallout was originally, but bethesda made a mixture of social satire with absurdism out of the game. All this unkillable nukecola and caps instead of money, crazy corporations and total retrofuturism. In general, I like the game precisely because of its moronic nature. In the game everything that can be imagined - everything can be and is not buzzing with explanations.

Yep. I always laugh when people talk about realism, with games in general, but FO in particular. For over 200 years people have been searching the place for water, food, medicine and stuff, and you can just walk in the local store to take shelter from a "rad storm" (how does that work, exactly?), don't mind the irradiated ghouls who could never exist/live, and have some 'fresh' 200 years old bottled water... a salisburry steak (Yummie) and some stimpacks inside every first aid box... just to name a few ...

If there where any true realism in there, we would all risk "Shellshock" or PTSS... :geek:

The back story idea originates from my Institute-themed mod Spectacle Island - The Institute Reborn

In short, the player, who has now become the Institute's Director, has a passion for the citizens of the Commonwealth. As such, he/she has issued a Directive to improve their life by reconstituting infrastructure. An Institute-based company known as Aqua Technologies will get established; however, it will not be immediate clear that it is Institute owned. Aqua Technologies will be a dual use facility, providing both electric power and water.

I like the addition of the fusion core requirement; however, I might make that a condition to build the power plant portion of Aqua Technologies

An electrical cabinet which will be a component of a substation packin for my mod. The center lever is an activator (lever switch) that Ronin1971 setup for the community.

66717096-1623164312.png

Edited by pepperman35