How does one tell which scripts are firing, when, and how often?

thumbincubation

I've noticed lately that my fps goes back and forth from 60 to 55 regularly, in precisely 1 second intervals, causing lag. Because of the regular timing, I thought it might have been a background program of some sort, so I've stopped or shut down every background program I can think of. I've watched task manager and performance tab, have tried to play without antivirus, etc., and I just can't pinpoint what is doing it. I wonder if there is some script trying to check something every second, but I don't know how to find that out. Is this possible? I have enabled papyrus logging, though I don't know how to read the reports or if that will even be where I should look. Any help would be appreciated.

In additional to IsharaMeradins answer:

1) To check windows running threads use (windows own TaskManager or) this program
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

2) To check Skyrim (you should have already enabled papyrus logging) open the console ingame (with key ^) and put in
DPS - to track currently running active script instances
DPU - to track scripts which are waiting for OnUpdate() or OnUpdateGameTime() event

The leading byte tells you where is the place of this script in load order, except it has

0xFF?????? - that means there is another script (like critterSpawn) which placed an Object to Skyrim, and this object has a script attached (like critterfish,, crittermoth, firefly), which is active

To understand Skyrims load order (.esm, .esp, .esl) look at this overview: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5079-plugin-files-and-you-esmeslesp/

Edited by ReDragon2013

Thank you, ReDragon. I appreciate it. I did enable papyrus. I can't test in game yet, though, because I have stripped out my load order and haven't run LOOT and all that, this time. I hope to have that done in a day or so, and then I'll be able to go in game and see if the issue persists and if I can spot it. These will help also.