[LE] Is there such a thing like a "Draft CK LOD"?

Hello people.

I read somewhere that you can create a draft LOD for CK for a worldspace while building it, but it didn't say much about it on how to.

I've a worldspace that's is a big canyon and it's shape as a "Z", and inside each side of the "Z" canyon is composed by smaller "Z", the canyon starts from -2000 and ends up to +4000, through the canyon path you are supposed to be able to see some regions further down the path and others not. Like been able to see the end of the canyon from the starting point.

I'm building this purely with math and geometry, something that my line of work has help me a lot since i've built hundreds of buildings and environments through the years, but i'm getting really frustrated since i can't see this in real time, well not until i generate the LOD, so that i can be precise and to avoid re-working on it once i generate the LOD.

* This canyon is starting to get very confusing and a pain in the B***!!!...

Thank you very much.

For anyone that may be interested in this, i did a lot of search/research and i think that in the post i read was referring to the "Heightmap", but this is only for the "Terrain".

Hightmap Editing:

File > Generate LOD > Quick Prototype

* After of course you have created your terrain.

Have a nice weekend.

Why would you not just run TES5LODGen? It does an object lod and tress LoD very quickly and your good to go; if you add more mountains run it again.

Yeah... you are right agerweb, I should have done it so.

Well i guess i overestimated my abilities...!! and now i'm almost done with the core / spine structure of that worldspace, if things are not as they supposed to be... to go back and rework it, it's a bigger pain in the b*** than it was to actually build it.

By the way, one of the reasons that i didn't run "TES5LODGen" from the beggining was that i had to create the LOD objects for a bunch of custom stuffs, like the ancient vampire city ruins or the boss's castle, that i left them to be done after i had completely finish the worldspace.

And Yes, I Know!!!, don't say anything..., it should have been all the way around. Sometimes i develop stupid ways of planning and doing things.

Anyway, it's not like anyone will ever know how it was actually supposed to be.

Have a nice week.

Edited by maxarturo