Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

Hello everybody,

I am extremely curious to know how to get my creation kit to work with multiple master files. Multiple meaning all of them working at the same time. I enjoy building player homes and wanted to expand beyond just regular Skyrim content and use the content from the DLCs, the only problem is, when trying to run more than just Skyrim and one DLC, it crashes. I got it to work fine with let's say, just Skyrim and Hearthfire, or Skyrim and Dawnguard, etc. But I know some player home mods require the use of all three master files, but the creation kit won't have it, so how do I go about fixing this problem? Is there a way to fix it? If not, how do you create a player home with content from the different master files without having to load them at once?

Thank you for your time =)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In SkyrimEditor.ini (Skyrim folder) under [General] set bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

I did that, it only allows me to load the main Skyrim master file, plus one other, like I said. It won't load more than that though.

That's weird because I can open Skyrim + DLCs + Apachii + whatever else all at the same time... ?

There's one other thing you have to do... (just remembered)

In SkyrimEditor.ini you have to search for

sResourceArchiveList2

Add your DLC's at the end of it as well... it should end on Update.bsa, after it add the DLC's in release order (... Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa ). There's a few more lists there about the bsa files... not sure if you need to add them there as well... I think I did add them there just to be sure

That's weird because I can open Skyrim + DLCs + Apachii + whatever else all at the same time... ?

There's one other thing you have to do... (just remembered)

In SkyrimEditor.ini you have to search for

sResourceArchiveList2

Add your DLC's at the end of it as well... it should end on Update.bsa, after it add the DLC's in release order (... Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa ). There's a few more lists there about the bsa files... not sure if you need to add them there as well... I think I did add them there just to be sure

I had done all that, I just went to double check to make sure ALL the DLC's where there and in the correct order, the person I copied off of forgot the Dragonborn.bsa at the end of the list. It all works fine now, Thank you very much. =D

• 3 weeks later...

In SkyrimEditor.ini (Skyrim folder) under [General] set bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

I'm having the same problem, except that there isn't "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads" in my SkyrimEditor.ini file. Should I add it? I have "bAllowMultipleEditors" but that's the closest I could find. Should I just add it?

Awesome, was looking for a solution to my crashes on opening a custom race file, apparently it has multiple master files. To mbrmchll. I added that line at the bottom of General and it worked just fine.

I'm having the same problem, except that there isn't "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads" in my SkyrimEditor.ini file. Should I add it? I have "bAllowMultipleEditors" but that's the closest I could find. Should I just add it?

Yea you can just add it.

Okday, so I did as everyone had suggested but I am still running into the same issue as the orginal poster.

Seems like it doesn't want to load more then the main Skyrim master file.

Error I get:

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES Shared\misc\BGLocalizedString.cpp

Line:2871
LOCALIZATION:Error opening or reading strings file.

I hit Ignore button and get this in turn.

MASTERFILE: LOCALIZATION:Zero entries or empty block size read from strings file STRINGS/Hearthfires_ENGLISH.Strings. Strings wil be missing.

So I hit Yes to all. Then it Does the whole Microsoft Windows:

Creation Kit has stopped working
Check online for a solution and Close the program
or
Close the program.

This is very annoyed and I hope someone can answer my call for help.