Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For SSE the file is called CreationKit.ini. But apply your changes to CreationKitCustom.ini instead. Both should be in the top level of the game directory. If the CreationKitCustom.ini does not exist, create it.

The INI files are in plain text format. Notepad is sufficient for viewing and editing.

• 1 month later...

bAllowMultipleEditors once allowed a user to have more than one instance of the LE Creation Kit open. At some point it stopped working.

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads allows one to have more that one master file. For SSE it is not present in the CreationKit.ini but can be added to the [General] section. You may also create a CreationKitCustom.ini and add the entry there. I do not have LE installed and cannot check, but if you are using LE and the entry is not present you can add it.

• 2 months later...

11 pages of a 7 year old thread is not something I am going to trawl through.

This works for me, both for Oldrim + DLC and SLE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99796

It's a 64 bit file, so you need a 64 bit version of WinRar or WinZip.

Works like a charm.

:)

11 pages of a 7 year old thread is not something I am going to trawl through.

This works for me, both for Oldrim + DLC and SLE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99796

It's a 64 bit file, so you need a 64 bit version of WinRar or WinZip.

Works like a charm.

:smile:

Since the file you linked wasn't uploaded until October 2019, this is the only page you would have to check. It's always good to check dates.

Edited by M48A5

Since the file you linked wasn't uploaded until October 2019, this is the only page you would have to check. It's always good to check dates.

What?

There are 11 pages with over 100 comments. Someone linked this thread to me. In the meantime, I found a fix that makes this entire thread redundant. If I had NOT found that fix, before coming here, there are still 106 comments over 11 pages I would have had to trawl through.

Oh, you edited your comment before I replied, I see.

Now, back under your bridge with you.

• 1 month later...

For SSE the file is called CreationKit.ini. But apply your changes to CreationKitCustom.ini instead. Both should be in the top level of the game directory. If the CreationKitCustom.ini does not exist, create it.

The INI files are in plain text format. Notepad is sufficient for viewing and editing.

It has to be in the CreationKit.ini

CreationKitCustom.ini will not work.

It has to be in the CreationKit.ini

CreationKitCustom.ini will not work.

It works just fine for me. Perhaps the custom ini needs to have ALL the section headers in order to work. Here is my custom ini for comparison purposes:

[General]
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

[MAIN]

[Display]

[PreviewMovement]

[MESSAGES]

[Movement]

[Archive]

[Papyrus]

[Flowchart]