Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

Thanks DonDidDon. That got it working for me.

As for the colors, if you C&P from a compiler like C++, Notepad++, Vbasic, etc, Windows and Mac will recognize and remember the code, and keep it color-coded as per the compiler you copied from.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

To whomever is running a non-English version of the game, if this may help:

I couldn't load Dragonborn for a long time, only DonDidDon tips (previous page) worked for me, so thanks a lot to him :).

I did, however had to adapt it a bit:

- add another line in the [General] section: bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

- change the "sLanguage=ENGLISH" line in the same section to "sLanguage=FRENCH" or, if your language is another one set it to the language of your game - not the CK language, it's in English for everyone apparently.

Obviously, the Steam registration automatically sets Strings to your language, so even though your CK is in English, you need to set the SkyrimEditor.ini to YOUR language. Sounds strange to me since I never had to set the language to load the main .esm, only needed to do it to load a DLC. But at least, it works.

Cheers to all :).

• 4 weeks later...

I've done everything in this forum and on the link... it's partly working. I can load Dawn Guard and Dragon Born just fine but when it comes to Heart Fires it crashes creation Kit. Any suggestions on where to look for this problem? Because the mod I want to work on uses all that and <insert funny joke here>.

SArchiveList=Skyrim ...... Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim ....... Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

I get this right before it crashes

Retry or Ignore it crashes either way

Assert

File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES

Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2871

LOCALIZATION: Error opening or reading strings file.

Well....... ??

Ok, so my problems got worse in a weird way. I'm posting this here because it had something to do with CK. In an earlier post someone suggested uninstalling and re-installing CK, so I gave that a shot....

I don't know what happened but this completely deleted Skyrim off my computer; Data files, Mod Files, Esm's, Esp's, even save files. All gone... no idea why or how. However, for what ever reason the game would still try to launch (tried this just to see if maybe files had somehow been moved) and it would pop up saying missing executable files. With that being said, at this point I did uninstall Skyrim. So now I'm having to re-install the game and a few of the mods I'd like to keep.

Frankly while this is a pain in my ass... I did have alot of junk mods (WoW Dungeons that Crashed Skyrim on start up or crash on entering the "instance" for example) that I need to get rid of along with their data files; meshes, textures, sounds, etc.

I hope someone looks into what could have caused this to happen when all I was trying to do was uninstall CK.

Edited by NatanusLikens

• 2 weeks later...

I've done everything in this forum and on the link... it's partly working. I can load Dawn Guard and Dragon Born just fine but when it comes to Heart Fires it crashes creation Kit. Any suggestions on where to look for this problem? Because the mod I want to work on uses all that and <insert funny joke here>.

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Sorry if you have already figured this out or if it's irrelevant at this point, however I was having the same problem as you were. To correct your mistake, use "HearthFires.bsa". Note that it is Hearth not Heart.

• 1 month later...

In SkyrimEditor.ini (Skyrim folder) under [General] set bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

I'm having the same problem, except that there isn't "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads" in my SkyrimEditor.ini file. Should I add it? I have "bAllowMultipleEditors" but that's the closest I could find. Should I just add it?

Yea you can just add it.

Which line is it added to?

I do realize that this is an old thread, and I really would like to apologize beforehand for bumping it.

My problem, basically I want to load all these Master files

http://pixldrop.com/view/tK13JSMx.png

and have an active file to set and edit. Yet, whenever I click 'OK', the creation kit will crash after a few expected errors (yes to all errors). I understand that this is a lot of master files, I even tried unchecking Update.esm with no luck.

Any help? Thanks!

Edited by xBearGrylls

I do realize that this is an old thread, and I really would like to apologize beforehand for bumping it.

My problem, basically I want to load all these Master files

http://pixldrop.com/view/tK13JSMx.png

and have an active file to set and edit. Yet, whenever I click 'OK', the creation kit will crash after a few expected errors (yes to all errors). I understand that this is a lot of master files, I even tried unchecking Update.esm with no luck.

Any help? Thanks!

It doesn't really matter how many Master Files you are loading at once. It might take a bit longer to load, but it shouldn't crash the CK. If you are creating a new Plugin (.esp) you don't need to set an "Active File" as Master assets will always be active if loaded. If you are editing an existing mod, you need to make sure that it is the Active File. If you haven't already, you need to edit the SkyrimEditor.ini file to be able to load multiple .esm files at the same time.

Go to your Skyrim folder (usually in Program Files (86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim) and look for a file called "SkyrimEditor". Open it with a Notepad program (the one that came with your computer will work) and type "CTRL+F" at the same time. A text finder will pop up. Type in "General" and hit enter. Now look for an entry called "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=0" and "bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=0" and change the "0" to a "1". If it isn't there you can just add it in anywhere under "General". Once you've done that, just save it, overwrite it when asked to.

You'll also want to check for "sArchiveList", you can just use the text finder. Make sure that all the DLCs that you own are in this list. If you have Legendary Edition, it should look like this:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

If it doesn't look like that, you can just add it in. Remember that everything needs to be verbatim to what is listed here. You can copy and paste the individual entries above if you want to be sure that it's correct. If you are still having problems after triple checking that it is exactly the same as listed above, you can PM me for further assistance.