Running Multiple Master files in Creation Kit

Viecile

one workaround is to uninstall the dlc, then, from your library page on steam, tick them one at a time the box next to the dlc in the order you want to reinstall them. when they reinstall they will have the timestamp of their install date, no need to use a third party program for that. but while that little trick works when running the ck from the main skyrim directory, in the mo environment i prefer working in it does not work. wyre bash can change the timestamp of the file? i already have wyre bash for the bashed patch, i will go look at the instruction manual for wyre bash to see how to do that. thank you for letting me know.

Thanks for the update, just what I needed to get CK working again. Mikiniki

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one workaround is to uninstall the dlc, then, from your library page on steam, tick them one at a time the box next to the dlc in the order you want to reinstall them. when they reinstall they will have the timestamp of their install date, no need to use a third party program for that. but while that little trick works when running the ck from the main skyrim directory, in the mo environment i prefer working in it does not work. wyre bash can change the timestamp of the file? i already have wyre bash for the bashed patch, i will go look at the instruction manual for wyre bash to see how to do that. thank you for letting me know.

Thanks for the update, just what I needed to get CK working again. Mikiniki

LOOT has modder's timestamp function that works in MO environment your manually sort your load order for Creation Kit then timestamp every mod at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Pfffffffffff!!!

Didn't say that you have to reboot Creation Kit after changing SkyrimEditor.ini.

Still cant run all 3 DLCs at a time. Any other combination works but not 3 at once.

As simple as it might sound, I didn't think of rebooting the CK after editing the SkyrimEditor.ini file... it did make the difference though. Rebooting the CK fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...

This fixed my problem, thank the Gods. I've been dealing with this issue since day one, but always just figured it was on my end. It was frustrating having to constantly find workarounds, and honestly, I'm amazed this worked. I'm known for having horrible luck with everything.

So thank you, thank you sooo f***ing much, to everyone who has contributed to this post.

Edited by Gearhog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't find this "General" everyone is talking about to add "sLanguage=ENGLISH

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1" to. Is it a file? it's not on my computer if it is. Is it on the creation kit program?

For sLanguage=ENGLISH you are to be looking inside your Skyrim.ini file located in "Documents > My Games > Skyrim" unless you are using a mod manager with a profile feature that keeps its own instance i.e. Mod Organizer

For bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 you are to be looking inside your SkyrimEditor.ini file located in "Steam > Steamapps > Common > Skyrim".

Both entries just so happen to be within the [General] subsection of their respective files.

I tend to install quite a lot of mods from here, and through this little thing might help, and it might help you:

This is how to fix the creation kit "failed to load multiple master files" Or the inability to load any DLC master files.

---- In the [General] section, add the follwoing two lines:

sLanguage=ENGLISH
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

---- In the [Archive] secton, fill out the " SArchiveList= " as follows:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- In the same section, [Archive], fill out the " SResourceArchiveList= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- And once again, in the [Archive] section, fill out the " SResourceArchiveList2= " as follows:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

---- When Done, pick your nose or go create some awesome mods!

---- ???

---- Profit!

Sorry if i bump, but also, hope this helps... You can edit as you please and maybe make it more understandable...

I made it for myself so i understand it pretty well...

I get a weird Asset error tho... but when i click [Retry] it seems to then work fine for some reason...

Hope this helps people some more...

-Donovan

EDIt: P.S. Why the heck does it color the text in the box above? I don't personally mind, it kinda looks festive :tongue:

@dondiddon, you are my hero , thanks so much

• 1 month later...