Skyrim Script Help

Iconic985

That should work. You made the appropriate changes to fit within your setup. No idea why for you it ports you to the cell while for me it left me at where I was. Do you have anything else installed? I don't have Dragonborn and SKSE scripts were not installed. It might be possible that either one of those (or something else) does something to change the behavior.

OK, I've discovered that it only teleports if I'm in the same cell as the referenced alchemy bench. Do you think it is possible to make it show the player preforming the alchemy animation without the need of an alchemy table?

PS Is it possible to make the same script work for a container?

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Regarding using the animation. Sabrio is correct that there is a mod which has a portable device with animation. I've just never used it so I can't speak to it.

Regarding containers. Yes it is possible. Bags of holding come to mind ^^ Shoot you can do the same with a merchant. I should know, I've just not released it. :P

Sabrio said:

Skyrealism - Portable crafting kits
It DOES EXACTLY what you want, might want to look at it

No, it doesn't do what I want. It simply opens the alchemy menu, the same as my current script. I want it to show the alchemy animation, but without an alchemy table.

I tried to do the same using a container but it didn't work and auto fill was grey out.

Here is the script I used

Scriptname OpenSatchel extends ObjectReference
{Scriptname OpenSatchel extends ObjectReference
ObjectReference Property AlchSatchel Auto
Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
Event OnEquipped(Actor Someone)
If Someone == PlayerRef
Game.DisablePlayerControls(False, False, False, False, False, True) ; Exit menu
Utility.Wait(0.01)
AlchSatchel.Activate(Someone)
Utility.Wait(0.01)
Game.EnablePlayerControls(False, False, False, False, False, True) ; Reenable menu
EndIf
EndEvent}

That would be because you put the script contents into the description. The code is wrapped by {} which is a multi-line comment. In essence you've a blank script.

Remove the {} and the second Scriptname line. It should then work.

Are you putting the script on the container? If so, you need to put the script on an object that the player would interface with in their inventory. Otherwise you need to make sure you are testing your plugin on a save that has not seen your plugin or the objects in question. So, COC from the main menu to the appropriate area and then test your plugin.

Once something is in your save file it wants to stay that way, so it is always best to test without such data in your save file.