Fallout 4 ba2 limit

Lukas99O

Hello!

I have been trying to get my fallout 4 to work for a while. I posted my crash rapport here a while ago and a fine gentleman told me that the crash happend because i had to many ba2. So i have removed many mods and i actually managed to get the game to work!!! :D YES!
But i had to sacrifice many mods that i would of liked to have in my load order.

This mod is one of them https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45958?tab=posts Its a neat litte mod. And i cant live without it. But if i add one more ba2 to my game it crashes at loadup. So i have that tool that allows you to extract ba2. My question is as follows:

Can i extract the content of the ba2 and simply put it manually in its desired location? This mod has a ba2 and inside it is a meshes folder. Can i just put the content of the meshes folder in the right place and the mod will work? do i still need the esp the mod came with or can i throw away the esp?

Second question:
Is it possible to take 2 mods that hade ba2 and merge them into 1 ba2? And load them with only 1 esp? If its possible to you mind telling me how to do it or link a youtube video or article explaining how to?

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to take 2 mods that hade ba2 and merge them into 1 ba2?

Yes, they can be merged.

1. Open the mods' ba2 files with Bethesda Archive Extractor.

2. Extract them into one folder.

3. Repack all files into one archive with Archive2. It should be here: "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Tools\Archive2".

It's important that you can't mix the different archives:

Meshes/Materials - Uses the default ba2 compresson. Usually called "X - main.ba2"

Textures - Requires DDS format: Open Archive2 >> Archive >> Format >> DDS. Usually called "X - textures.ba2"

Sounds/Voices - Can't be compressed: Open Archive2 >> Archive >> Compression >> None. Usually called "X - voices_en.ba2"

Edited by LarannKiar