SKSE downloading as PDF. Any help?

asyer

I am trying to download SKSE for skyrim (As It is needed for some mods) And when ever I download it from the correct site skse.silverlock.org it always downloads as a PDF. I've tried on Google Crome, I've tried on Firefox but each time it downloads as a PDF. Do you think It's the computer i'm using? (It's a toshiba which is pretty crappy)

Also i am fairly new to modding and don't quiet understand most terms....

This is a windows thing and has nothing to do with the brand of computer you have or the browser you use.

My guess - you have set pdf as the format to open zipped files - you will have to go into your control panel> default programs>associate a file type with a specific program - and find all of the various zip types and change the default to your preferred zip program - my preferred is 7-Zip which is absolutely FREE with no restrictions on how it can be used.

The most common zip formats you will see are 7z (7-zip) . zip (winzip), .rar (winrar) each of these can be used by 7-zip (or any or the others)

This link may help with understand some of the terminology used. :thumbsup: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/3396037/1/#new

Er, you just need to left-click the first section of blue text and a download prompt will ask to to confirm saving the file "skse_1_06_15.7z".

That's all there is to it. On google chrome here too so that's not at fault. You could right-click it and "save link as" but other than that, there's not much that can be done here. If it still doesn't work then you've got something seriously wrong with your computer.

• 2 months later...

@Abigail111 - as the actual file IS a .7z (compressed) file and not a pdf - it cannot be processed as pdf. It MUST be run as a 7z. see post #2 above.

Processing it as a pdf may allow you to see the code as a document - which would look like gibberish. But will not allow running the program - which is a 7-zip file.