CTD using Hunterborn MCM when leveling up and selecting a stat increase

VirtualboyZ

Hello,

I am currently experiencing an issue while using an specific mod, so the mod causing this (or at least one of the mods causing this) has been identified. Everytime I level up and pick a stat increase (Magicka/Health/Stamina) the game closes and crashes without giving me any warning or generating any crash log for the .NET script framework which I use. This only happens if I have Hunterborn MCM installed and running. I know it's Hunterborn MCM, because if I start a new game I can level up and pick a stat just fine. I can configure any mod and use it just fine, but as soon as I start Hunterborn, either through the MCM or an animal carcass, next time I level up and pick a stat the game closes without any warning. Is this happening to anyone else? Maybe it's a conflict with another mod, but any ideas would be appreciated.

Now, this is the first time I ever do this. I always fix issues on my own and never ask anybody on any forum for any help. This is mostly to let anybody else experiencing this issue know that you are not alone (like I was while searching for answers because I couldn't find anybody having a remotely similar issue), and also to see if anybody can give me any ideas. I would hate to see this mod go, it's one of my favorites.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm posting this in hopes of helping anyone who might run across the issue, as I just solved it for myself:

The cause seems to be incorrectly installing a patch from kryptopyr's Patch Hub. In the all-in-one FOMOD patch installer, the installer will ask: do you have Hunterborn or do you have Hunterborn MCM version? It will prompt you to install only one of them, and will also note that you'll need a new game for it to work.

I had been messing around with a bug I was trying to fix, had uninstalled the MCM version of Hunterborn and had run the Patch Hub installer and changed the patch to Hunterborn only... then switched back to the MCM version (totally forgetting to run the installer again to change the patch back). When I launched a new game, I got that crash when leveling up. When selecting any of the stats, i.e. magicka, health, or stamina, it would CTD.

Just run the kryptopyr's Patch Hub FOMOD again, make sure you select the "Hunterborn MCM" option, and make SURE you start a new game. The CTD will persist if you don't restart.

Hope this helps someone!