Plugin incompatible popup

RoyBatterian

Lemme just post this in here for higher visibility.

Can you please make this a bit more robust so that it knows that plugins for the game and creation kits are not meant to load in each other, all it does is confuse users and make them think either their game or construction/creation kit is somehow broken.

Incompatible during query is just a message not an error and doesn't need to be shown to the user under any circumstances.

Thank you

Thanks for clarifying. I would raise the challenge to the xNVSE team to say why are they logging these events as errors if they aren't actually errors?

Vortex literally reads the NVSE log file and reports any errors to you. (As it does with SKSE/F4SE/OBSE/FOSE too)

Actually after more investigation it seems that there are 2 things that are happening:

1) xSE mark as incompatible during query plugins that should be opened only in the game or the editor. It's not an error (and in fact the term error isn't present in the log in this case)

2) Something similar to the bug described here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/9234, the logs are mixed and it get somehow confused.

Reading the code (cursed node.js) it appears to also affect OBSE too (this is Oblivion users were actually using Vortex, as it has the tendency to break installation of some Oblivion mods).

NVSE or xNVSE aren't doing anything different then OBSE or other extenders

Edited by llde

Those are warnings and not errors.

Distributing plugins for different edition of a game and/or for different versions of a game in a single distribution is valid. This apply to all xSE extenders.

Those are warnings and not errors. Distributing plugins for different edition of a game and/or for different versions of a game in a single distribution is valid. This apply to all xSE extenders.

Regardless, the user doesn't need nor use this information, wether they are warnings or errors it's irrelevant for us.

It's just confusing and annoying. I myself reinstalled Enhanced Camera several times the first time I used Vortex until I noticed it was working and just ignored it. It is that kind of problem that is still found among new users that drove OP to write this post and what we are trying to say.