Animation stutter/flicker when walking diagonally forwards

AdrasteaDrago

I'm having this minor but mildly annoying bug when my female character is walking diagonally forward (as in, pressing forward and left/right at the same time) in third person. The whole body would flicker a couple of inches backwards every 1 second (for lack of better wording) as if there's an improper animation loop.

It doesn't happen when I'm walking diagonally backwards or any other direction. Running and sprinting animations are fine, and male characters don't have this problem.

I tried disabling all mods that alter player animations, no change. I tried disabling every single mods I have, with the exception of DLCs and USLEEP, still no change. I tried disabling everything, only running Skyrim.esm and update.esm, even using default skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini, and the bug is still there.

In a desperate attempt I restored my copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition to the clean copy that I backed up years ago (it's the latest version, v1.9.32). This bizarre animation loop flicker for female characters still occurs. I'm out of ideas as to what the culprit may be. I've been playing the exact same copy of Skyrim for years and only just now this animation bug presents itself.

If it helps I'm using Mod Organizer 2, although I doubt it has something to do with it.

Suggestions? Any input will be appreciated, thank you.

Were you using any custom animations for walking by chance?

Nothing that I remember of. I like vanilla walking animations, so I rarely have a mind to replace them.

Still do check here data/meshes/actors/character/animations/female just in case

Oddly enough there's no animation folder in the Data folder, the mods I've used over the years have always been installed using a mod manager.

From what I can deduce it's neither caused by the game itself nor the mods, seeing that the bug still persists even with no mods or DLCs active. But I could be wrong.

Â

Â

Nothing that I remember of. I like vanilla walking animations, so I rarely have a mind to replace them.

Â

Oddly enough there's no animation folder in the Data folder, the mods I've used over the years have always been installed using a mod manager.Â

From what I can deduce it's neither caused by the game itself nor the mods, seeing that the bug still persists even with no mods or DLCs active. But I could be wrong.

Yeah Skyrim is the best it is us who make the mistakes lol

Anyway are you using fnis based animation mods? Did you update fnis behaviour after deleting or disabling those animation mods?

How did you restore your skyrim exactly? Did you replace it with backed up Skyrim files by copy pasta way?

Â

Â

Â

Oddly enough there's no animation folder in the Data folder, the mods I've used over the years have always been installed using a mod manager.Â

Yeah Skyrim is the best it is us who make the mistakes lol

Anyway are you using fnis based animation mods? Did you update fnis behaviour after deleting or disabling those animation mods?

How did you restore your skyrim exactly? Did you replace it with backed up Skyrim files by copy pasta way?

Yes I use FNIS, and I almost always remember to run it (like 95% of the time) whenever I install/uninstall anim mods.

Some forums suggest it might be skeleton or HDT-PE issue but if the bug still persists with absolutely zero mods, then the mods aren't really to blame, are they?

I restored it by basically deleting the old copy and replacing it with the backup, verifying integrity via Steam does nothing, and I don't exactly want to redownload the whole game seeing I have somewhat bad connectivity in my local area.

They are right however i am not sure about hdt pe causing it but yes custom skeleton such as xpmse may cause it. If latter may be the reason behind it then you can simply install a custom walk animation to know it for sure as it will cause the same glitch with custom animations as well and if it is so then something must be overiding it or you may have yourself overwritten its files during restoring process tho i hope the back up copy you have is clean of any mod contents.

They are right however i am not sure about hdt pe causing it but yes custom skeleton such as xpmse may cause it. If latter may be the reason behind it then you can simply install a custom walk animation to know it for sure as it will cause the same glitch with custom animations as well and if it is so then something must be overiding it or you may have yourself overwritten its files during restoring process tho i hope the back up copy you have is clean of any mod contents.

Per your suggestion I've decided to get an alternate walking animation from Nexus which is Leviathan Animations - Female Idle Walk and Run LE, and the stutter/flicker bug disappears. Which is a good thing, I won't deny, but I still very much prefer vanilla female walk animations. Idk, they just feel perfect for the game.

A bit disappointing really, so I think I will conclude this thread as semi-solved or half-solved. But still solved nonetheless.

Thank you for all your inputs, I appreciate it.

Edited by AdrasteaDrago