Quest script, Log entry and Quest objectives not working

ZunaSW

Hi.

I'm making a mod which have new quests, and I'm having problems:

First I changed the name of the .esp and I noticed that one quest have the quest script, log entry and quest objectives not working (before I changed the name it worked very well). I don't know why it don't work, but I know the quest script doesn't work because I set some be enabled when the quest starts, and when I teleport the character to the cell, they aren't there, so the quest script is not working, and this make the log entry not work. Something I'm not sure is why the quest objective doesn't work.

I open the quest log, and the quest is there, with the name, the objective has also Display Text, but there are not markers of the quest, and the Log entry isn't there. Screenshot:

http://box.jisko.net/i/1496275f.jpg

As you can see, the display text of the objective is there, but I can't open the map to watch where is it, the M is in gray. And the Log Entry isn't there.

This doesn't happened me only one time... I repeated that quest six times, and it didn't work, only worked before change the .esp name. I was tired of that, so I started the mod again, and it is happening to me again but in other quest.

I don't know how can I solve it. Please, help.

Thanks.

Edited by ZunaSW

• 5 months later...

Hi, ZunaSW -

Did you ever find the fix for this? I'm having exactly the same problem with my mod, which is quest-heavy. The first two quests work fine and queue from one to the next. My third quest worked great for a while -- as I continued to edit it and approach the finishing pieces, though, it would reach a point where it would load exactly like your screenshot, above (empty Quest Log). About five times over the course of a week, I'd revert to an earlier version of the mod to start with a working copy of the quest, but each time I continued to edit it, it'd come to the same point where it would load with an empty Quest Log. I finally deleted the entire quest from my mod and recreated it. I just loaded it in game and even the brand new version is loading with an empty Quest Log. Note that I had recreated it with identical Quest Data, Quest Stages, Quest Aliases, Quest Objectives, and Quest Dialogue as the last working version (I ensured this with screenshots and pasted text file copies).

I forced the quest to advance through its stages to see more details (in console, "setstage [questname] [queststage]"). I discovered that my Global Variables weren't loading, either. Since the variables store counts of aliases, it looks like the aliases didn't load.

Some Q&A I've found suggested that either the ESP or the quest form could be corrupted. Since I've tested my mod by (1) reverting to a clean, working version as well as by (2) fully deleting and recreating my quest and found the empty Quest Log in both scenarios, it doesn't seem like a corruption issue.

I'll come back and edit this post or add a reply if I'm able to determine what's happening in my own mod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

There's a similar thread here (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/566001-log-entry-not-showing-in-game/page-3), where several other Nexus members were also attempting to troubleshoot this issue. I'm giving my own troubleshooting progress and root cause history there.

Edited by dysphorya