Mod Request - A remake of the now missing Multiple Units Diesel mod

llloyd

Yes, I know, it's in the base game, but only if the power units are all linked together. If you play like I play, and I learned to play by watching Squirrel so he plays like that, and I imagine others do to. You have multiple units spread out though the train. So, as an example, if you take jobs for Steel Mill plus City South West plus Machine Factory and Town, you're going to have a very long train. Would be easiest to put the Steel Mill jobs at the very end with their own DE6(s) and pull the train toward City South West, then when it is past that triangle junction and the train is heading toward Farm, stop it using the remote, decouple the DE6(s) at the end, and back just the Steel Mill cars into Steel Mill using the DE6 as a shunter. If it gets trapped as you have a drop off at A6, oh well, shut it down and continue on with the rest of the train and it's DE6s at the front. Or when assembling a train, can break it into groups of how much each DE6 can pull at once and push them out to the entrance of the station and link them up one by one until the entire train is built. So having a Multiple Units Diesel that supports separated power units but linked into the same train, like the original mod, is a fantastic idea, at least until AltFuture supports it officially. Either by putting pass though connectors on the cars or something.

• 2 months later...

100% agree . I work in a similar way when doing multiple jobs. I take DE2s along to add power on long climbs, make splitting shunting easier along the way, and also their compressors help the response of the train brakes. I reckon it's one of the most useful mods out there !

Or having an engine on the back helping. I would take super long consists. Arrange it backwards. Then at each stop separate each order out and use the rear engine to shuttle it into place. Or to have an engine at the rear for Steel Mill A sidings.