Nexus/Vortex

JustDon

Nexus/Vortex wanted access to my account during adding mods and removing some! Why? and should I let them access it while this popped up I couldn't do anything. I have been trying to add some mods that a guy posted online ESO and they keep acting up so I decided I just was going to drop back to the 5 I have after adding and deleting.. I try to mod more than I play the game so I'M stopping..

Thanks for your reply

I was logged in, it said they requested to access account. They logged me out actually then requested access to my account.

Edited by JustDon

Yes! Vortex is asking permission to link to Nexusmods dot com so you can download mods using the link for downloading with the download manager instead of the Manual download button. When you choose to download with the mod manager Vortex, Vortex then downloads it to the Vortex mods section so you have it ready to install from Vortex.

Just so you clearly understand. Once you have set up Vortex with the Link to Nexusmods, you click on the Vortex button to download mods. Unless it isn't visible on a mod page, if you don't see Vortex at the upper right top of the page next to Manual click on Download with mod manager. Maybe little popup will appear at the top of the page asking you for verification?

That verification box I see using Mod Manager 2 may not appear using Vortex. Thanks for helping me get my own bit of further strengthening how Vortex works. I may move back to it later!

I had too much trouble getting through the instructions for Vortex and returned to using MO2.

I was logged in, it said they requested to access account. They logged me out actually then requested access to my account.

First off, let's establish who "THEY" is.

WHAT did the pop-up, message say exactly, as it's not very helpful just to say "They logged me out actually then requested access to my account" without the actual message posted here for context.

The 10th of June was the last time JustDon posted and I think what was going on is that the Acknowledging link that appears when I connected to the Nexusmods website with Mod Organizer 2 also may occur when someone first activates the link to Nexusmods via Vortex.

If so then the reason for the problem that JustDon may have had was because of the Activation page not getting the correct attention when JustDon signed in with the Vortex Nexusmod link. Thus shutting down and requiring requesting JustDon to repeat the setting and retry!

I barely got to that point when trying out Vortex the first time. I went back to Mod Organizer 2 and realized the activation key from having it installed already was still installed in my computer MO2 folder. I believe that because I didn't fully uninstall the links to MO2 in the setup that may have interrupted even corrupted my Vortex experience.

I would advise anyone who has installed, Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer 2 to make sure they clear the folder for the other Mod managers before they install and use Vortex for the first time.

The folder for the installation of the NMM and MO2 are in the AppData settings and need to be removed so that either of the Mod Managers do not have any left over coded stuff in the in their username/AppData/Local folder.

Is the Activation Key provided the same way with Vortex users as it is for Mod Organizer 2 users?