Another 3ds max question

Anyone have experience using dummy/helpers in 3ds max. I have a hierarchy setup inside max similar to what you’d see in Mass Fusion elevator doors (i.e., MassFusionElevatorOuterDoor01.nif). Now I haven’t gotten to animating it yet, but when I export it out for a quick test all the dummy/helpers except the top node get stripped out. Is there something special that needs to be done to preserve the dummy/helpers during export?

myDoor01 [dummy/helper]

LeftDoorHelper01 [dummy/helper]

LeftDoor01 [mesh]

c_LeftDoor1 [collision]

LeftDoorGlass01 [mesh]

RightDoorHelper01 [dummy/helper]

RightDoor01 [mesh]

c_LeftDoor1 [collision]

RightDoorGlass01 [mesh]

I always set up the "hierarchy" and then make the things into actual "objects with collision":

So click on the c_LeftDoor1 thing and the LeftDoor01 thing, use "Create rigid object with proxys", and do that for every "sub object" 8RightDoor01)

But I never had more then one helper, maybe that is the problem here.

And you need to only select the "top" thing (myDoor01) and click "Export selected".

I hope this helps ...

Yeah. This is true. Unlike ue4, only one helper is used for any number of animated meshes. The helper links to anything higher in the hierarchy, but all animated meshes link to this helper. Collision for each mesh is not required for animation. But on at least one colliding mesh above the helper in the hierarchy, the quality type checkbox must be set and the keyfraimed parameter selected, and the object type parameter must be set to anim static.

It's great. But it would be cool if at least one person completely mastered all the techniques for animating meshes (not activators, doors, and boxes) and wrote a guide to their vanilla assembly in 3d max, without the stupid nifscop. At the moment, learning to animate bones in fo4 is easier than statics. There are a lot of people who did it in 2013 max, and even animated clothes. But not one bothered to write even the shortest guide. Assholes.

It's great. But it would be cool if at least one person completely mastered all the techniques for animating meshes (not activators, doors, and boxes) and wrote a guide to their vanilla assembly in 3d max, without the stupid nifscop. At the moment, learning to animate bones in fo4 is easier than statics. There are a lot of people who did it in 2013 max, and even animated clothes. But not one bothered to write even the shortest guide. Assholes.

There is a nice little tutorial for creating custom animated doors: https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Creating_Custom_Doors_for_Fallout_4

I have not really done much "animation" in 3DSMAX, just some simple rotation / translation, maybe I will write a tutoral for that.

(Because that tutorial that I linked says nothing about how to do the actual "animation" of the door)

I have already done a lot of animations for fo4, not only doors, but also manipulators, light effects, objects - transformers, animated meshes moving in space. I can make trains, flying vehicles, ships without any problems. (I posted a couple of videos in our last thread about the fo4 engine). But I can't make furniture, clothes, objects yet. Only activators, doors, boxes. To make furniture and clothes, I need to project the work of people who made them in 2015 max and nifskop to work in max 2013 with a vanilla toolbox. Also need to better study ck, and understand at least an elementary level with papyrus.