Scripting Effect Shaders

dkraz3175

Anyone have any ideas here? I've tried looking at on hit effects but that only applies to when the spell hits the target which would be my character and at the start of the loaded game.

I know that when scripting and using "Event OnHit" you can identify the aggressor (akAggressor I believe) but what would I attach the script to? Typically "OnHit" is an object reference extender and as such it won't work in the spell itself.

Would a script attached to the player allow me to do this? If so, how would I limit the effect to only appear during a sneak attack and what command do I use to get the shader to take effect? I know there's a ".playanimation" command but I'm not sure if that's only for actual skeletal animations or not. I've also seen a ".play" command but I don't know if that is actually recognized by the system as it gives me errors when I try to use it, though I could be using it incorrectly as I'm new to scripting.

Any help would be appreciated on this. I'm trying to learn the scripting part of Skyrim but there are very few resources outlining what the system actually recognizes (unless it's common knowledge for those familiar with scripting) and as such it's difficult to know what commands to use and where.

Edited by dkraz3175