CTD on save with many hours played.

cariiiii

So I get CTD on saving in every playthrough after several hours of playthrough although I dont experience crashes that much it comes to a point that I cannot save during a playthrough. I already tried using SSE Engine Fixes with the SaveMemoryFix and SSE Fixes but it still crashes whenever I saved. This is making me not play Skyrim because of this problem. I've searched for fixes and it didn't work. maybe you guys can figure out if there is a mod in my load order that is not safe or stable. Thank you if anyone can help.

here are my mods:

https://modwat.ch/u/Algeron

Do you occasionally quicksave? I remember this was a problem back in Morrowind, if you went too long without saving it would store too much data for the next save, so quicksaves every so often just reduced that stress.

It is the opposite! Quicksaves and autosaves cause save bloat! Avoid auto saving and quicksaving ever at all cost! Too many quick/auto saves can leave a save permanently bloated and unloadable!

Edited by Helmsmasher

Do you occasionally quicksave? I remember this was a problem back in Morrowind, if you went too long without saving it would store too much data for the next save, so quicksaves every so often just reduced that stress.

It is the opposite! Quicksaves and autosaves cause save bloat! Avoid auto saving and quicksaving ever at all cost! Too many quick/auto saves can leave a save permanently bloated and unloadable!

Oh right, wasn't there something that would clean the bloat out of savefiles?

Weird that Skyrim has the opposite problem, but I guess programming isn't always going to be straightforward.

I've found that it's best to perform a hard save (new save) every so often, especially when out in the "field" for extended periods, then load that save and continue. It seems to result in fewer unexpected CTDs. FYI FWIW, YMMV

And if you're near Whiterun and notice anything floating about bleakwood basin, try to get your rear back to your player home pronto, and camp out inside for a while (craft, organize, sleep, whatever), even create a new save while in the home, quit the game, perform a fallrim cleanup on that save, and reload the cleaned save before continuing.