failed to initialize renderer

So ive been playing fallout 3 for quite a while now, and today i loaded it up installed a few mods (by few i mean many if you need a list lemme know) and was playing all fine and well until i walk up to a door and open it and the game ctd, it was working fine until after that. now when i go and try to start it up (wether the original unmodded file or the modded one) i get that following error

Failed to initialize renderer.

Bad adapter number or Adapter not found.

I've searched through 22 pages of issues and crashes on here and it isnt the t&l issues tried the fixes for those on both versions of my game

my computer will run fallout 3 as i've played it before on this very laptop

and i can't think on what to do

All drivers up to date direct x up to date fallout 3 is big address aware

uh computer specs currently are

pcu: AMD E-300 wiith Radeon HD Graphics at 1.30 GHz

ram: 4.00 GB (3.60 usable)

type: 64- bit

got a couple of 8 gig usbs for ready boost (currently 2)

need anything else lemme know would love to get this resolved as quickly as possible....the wastelands are calling my name....

fallout3hudson - Hello!

Since you played up until the CTD, it suggests something changed after the crash.

Have you tried deleting your .ini file so that Fallout 3 will make it from scratch?

The one you want is in:

For XP:

My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\

For Vista & Win7:

Documents\My Games\Fallout3

The file you want will be called:

FALLOUT.ini

Delete it & run Fallout 3 to see if it works (It'll create a new one on running).

If that does not work, make sure Fallout 3 is still set to use the right graphics card, depending on what mod manager you have there may be a "Game Settings" heading in there that allows you to set the "Graphics adapter". If not that can also be found in the Fallout Launcher.

If still no luck then I'm at a loss.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

I appreciate it Prensa, i did what you asked and it created one but the failed adapter was due to using a dual screen layout one of the screens was set to a lower resolution then my graphics card could handle causing i to fail to initialize.

Solution: Disconnected the dual display turned off the the adapter then turn it back on allowing it to only render at the recommended setting and reconnecting the other display after setting the resolution back to its default setting in personalization.