Playstation 4

eldav

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there guys!

Can anyone know how to enlight me in this matter?

I have TES V: Skyrim SE for both PS4 and XBox One and i can't find the same mods i use in Xbox One for PS4 version. More specificly, i am looking for mods like to change faces and bodys of my characters; on PS4 and found nothing but some preset mods that, with all due respect to the effort of theyr creators, changes nothing at all! The vanilla faces, skin and bodys are the ugglyest in the world and there's no preset that could change it. I am so looking for mods that change characters faces, skins, textures and body extructures, like i said, i use mods like that on xbox one, but found none on PS4. So my question is: what is happening with them? I mean, why they're on xbone and not in PS4??? Thank you to you who can answer me that!

Hello there guys!

I have TES V: Skyrim SE for both PS4 and XBox One and i can't find the same mods i use in Xbox One for PS4 version. More specificly, i am looking for mods like to change faces and bodys of my characters; on PS4 and found nothing but some preset mods that, with all due respect to the effort of theyr creators, changes nothing at all! The vanilla faces, skin and bodys are the ugglyest in the world and there's no preset that could change it. I am so looking for mods that change characters faces, skins, textures and body extructures, like i said, i use mods like that on xbox one, but found none on PS4. So my question is: what is happening with them? I mean, why they're on xbone and not in PS4??? Thank you to you who can answer me that!

It's because Sony disallowed mods that add new content (e.g. new meshes and textures). So modders are only allowed to use content found within the base game +DLC. If you ask me, it's pretty dang stupid of them. It's also one of the reasons Bethesda has given for introducing the CC - so that they aren't "mods", they're "DLC", which kinda gets around Sony's rule (not that it was a particularly well-thought out workaround, but there you have it).

It's because Sony disallowed mods that add new content (e.g. new meshes and textures). So modders are only allowed to use content found within the base game +DLC. If you ask me, it's pretty dang stupid of them. It's also one of the reasons Bethesda has given for introducing the CC - so that they aren't "mods", they're "DLC", which kinda gets around Sony's rule (not that it was a particularly well-thought out workaround, but there you have it).

To explain Sony's reasoning a bit, they didn't want mod authors uploading new assets to the game because they didn't want people "publishing" things on their console without having a developers license. That was obviously not going to happen, which is why mods ended up being put up in the reduced state they are now. It's not that they didn't want mods - it's that they didn't want people without the proper license agreement "publishing" things on their console. Bethesda has a license agreement with Sony - which is why they can add micro-transactions to these games. Not because the "mods" are technically DLC. Just a little clarification, not trying to justify Sony's decision. It's a short sighted decision, but not entirely unexpected from a Japanese company. They're very traditional and old school with how they do things, even if it's to their own detriment (which this really isn't).

Hello there guys!

Hello there guys!

Thank you guys for the answer. Guess im going to have a chat mail with Sony just to bother them a bit. If it don't take me anywhere at least i can annoy them xD

• 2 weeks later...