Photo

Halo MCC launching with Anticheat ON from Vortex

halo mcc halo halo master chief collection vortex mod anticheat anti-cheat support vortex support

1 reply to this topic

augbond

augbond

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I was going to play Halo CE with a mod I downloaded a while ago. I have played it several times before, and MCC launched without issue from the Vortex mod manager. However, for some reason, Vortex now launches the game with Easy Anticheat on, which is not suppose to happen. I got several errors from the anticheat as I was playing, but I was not kicked off the game or otherwise reprimanded as far as I know. However, I would not like to be reprimanded simply for using a mod with the anticheat on. Is there any way I can fix this?

Ryanowning

Ryanowning

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm in the same boat as you, but haven't found a solution that works well. If you have the Steam version you can go to MCC in your Steam Library, right click, go to "manage", and then click on "Create desktop shortcut." This will give you a URL Shortcut which you can replace with "steam://rungameid/976730/option1." This should disable EAC for you, but you can't use this with Vortex because for some reason Vortex doesn't support URL Shortcuts.

EDIT: The URL Shortcut doesn't actually work for me. Supposedly it's working for some people.

Edited by Ryanowning, 17 July 2021 - 04:18 AM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: halo mcc, halo, halo master chief collection, vortex, mod, anticheat, anti-cheat, support, vortex support

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.189 seconds