[LE] Forcing Many NPCs to Reset Inventory (or add items to inventory) periodically?

I've created a mod which adds 2 javelins to Imperial soldiers (they function similar to scrolls) which they use at the start of battle. However, once they use up their javelins, they will forever be unable to use them until they respawn. Is there a way (preferably script free) so that once say every 24 hours all these soldier's inventories will be reset with the same 2 javelins (or alternatively 2 javelins added to their inventories)?

Npcs inventory never resets as long as they are alive, only if they die and they are set to 'Respawn'.

That being said.

Since you have a large number of npcs the issue here is optimization / better system performance, so scripting the item or monitoring all your actors through a script on the actors themself or all actors on a 'Master Controller' is out of the question.

So, the only alternative and the way that i would do it is to add a package to the actors to go and re-stock from a pre placed container, or a fake container that's surrounded by a trigger box that will check and add the item to the actors.

I hope it helps.