608 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443,941 posts
Through the Valleys - PushTheWinButton's Vanilla Plus Modding Guide

A beginner-friendly modding guide that brings the spirit of vanilla plus all the way to the lands of Cyrodiil!

dasbadman

dasbadman

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 44 posts
Looking forward to trying this out! Just an FYI that Assorted Protective Female Armor - Refined in the Graphics - Core section has just a single main file to install :)

llde

llde

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
Despite popular knowledge NVAC isn't that useful at all on Oblivion. It did fix a single issue between Nvidia driver/ Oblivion and the Win10 Anniversary edition.
Then except installing a global handler on the Oblivion process it do basically nothing.
It can be used to check for crash information but the nvac log is painfully hard to read, and in this case I would recommend Cobb Crash Logger.
(Also letting a program run after catching an exception of this sort is generally bad beheviour, as you can't just bypass the exception to say it's handled, as the weOCPS fiasco clearly shown† )

I would also state that there were some reports of crashes in conjuction of NVAC and MO2 related to the virtual file system library.† (These weren't investigated so there may be other factors at play)

Last things:
†You claim MO2 have OMOD support but this is clearly refuted in the MO2 FAQ :
Q: Does MO support OMODs?
A: Not yet

It do seems to support FOMOD (that has a different format then OMOD) and maybe OMOD2 (that aren't OMOD)

Do you have proof about OMOD support? In this case shouldn't also be better to edit the MO2 faq?

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95605133.

Spoiler

Oops, that'll be a copy-paste error.

Thanks for the heads up. Should be fixed now.

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95605463.

Spoiler

Yeah, I included NVAC primarily for the Windows 10 fix, because that used to be a big issue. I'm not aware of VFS related crashes with it, and haven't experienced any crashes that would be indicative of it after playing with NVAC for what would be years by this point.

MO2 got OMOD support only recently, so you should check the changelog instead of the FAQ. It's likely the FAQ hasn't been updated yet, or was taken from the old MO page. It definitely does have OMOD support because I tested it many times when making the guide, lol. It can also do BAIN wizards, even though they're easy to do through the manual option too.

EDIT: Yep, check the MO2†version 2.4.0 changelog. The addition of OMOD support is listed there. And there's been updates to it since.

Edited by PushTheWinButton, 12 June 2021 - 01:03 PM.

nour723

nour723

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 21 posts
Thank you very much!

llde

llde

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
In response to post #95605463. #95605778 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Ok thanks for clarifying the MO2 OMOD support.
This particular fact (the fact OMOD are supported but the FAQ says otherwise) should be written here.
The issue fixed by NVAC doesn't exist anymore. (it was fixed in the next major windows 10 release, and another fix was built in the driver)

Edited by llde, 12 June 2021 - 01:42 PM.

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95605463. #95605778, #95607198 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Ok, thanks for letting me know about NVAC. Iíll probably remove it in the next version to save on having to do the whole renaming process.

TheSkidd

TheSkidd

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Nice to see a guide by someone who knows what they're doing. Looks largely the same as my previous modlist, but I think I'll switch to this so I don't need to use Wrye Bash anymore. Also FYI the link to Oblivion Display Tweaks seems to be incorrect.

Daggerfal121

Daggerfal121

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Glad to see guide for Oblivion from you, I really love your New Vegas mods and your modding vision. Thank you

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.022 seconds