Through the Valleys - PushTheWinButton's Vanilla Plus Modding Guide

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

AltoidAtronach

AltoidAtronach

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 188 posts
Excellent work as always, Push. Would you consider adding StewieA's Tweaks for Oblivion on this list? It's hard to play Bethesda games these days without a fast wait mod.

TheSkidd

TheSkidd

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
By the way, it seems like the guide/load order doesn't account for "DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp" from the Unofficial DLC Patches (unless I'm just blind). Should it be disabled/removed?

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95622943.

Spoiler

Hmmm. I must have removed it in my install, but Iíll double check what it does and update the load order if needed.

MacMillion

MacMillion

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 220 posts
I actually just finished up with Qolore's guide for Skyrim. So glad you made a definitive guide for Oblivion as well! For the User Interface section, particularly DarnUI, I remember there being a configuration to scale the UI larger for higher resolutions. I also remember having to change those settings every time however but I believe there's a fix. Also have you considered Extended UI or Loot Menu? After being introduced to quick loot menus it in Fallout 4 I haven't been able to play other Bethesda titles without them lol.

Mooinator3000

Mooinator3000

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I feel that I must be dumb and doing something wrong, but when I try to launch the game through MO2 it crashes after the first splash screen

LavaCroft

LavaCroft

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
Hi, the fixed Leyawiin house meshes are not compatible with AWLS.††
††
Also, some more fixed meshes and a few sane texture replacers are contained within Khetienna's Mini-Mods.

Edited by LavaCroft, 13 June 2021 - 06:25 AM.

flocci

flocci

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thank you for writing this guide. Seems like it'll be helpful. Although my modded game seems to crash right away when I run it through MO2 for
whatever reason. Maybe I've done something wrong...? I guess I'll have to look into it if I can...

By the way, would including Maskar's Ultimate Leveling into your list work? I enjoy his mod for giving us several options for the leveling system, so...

P.S. There was a part in your guide where you had the renaming of SKSE to OBSE wrong, so it said SKSE to SKSE instead. I think there was also
a minor typo where "his mod" was written where "this mod" was to be used instead. Still, I appreciate the work you've put into this! It must have taken†you quite some time...

Edit: I realized that I forgot to run the game using the shortcut that I created using your guide, and using the shortcut worked, so it's all good
on that front, I think.

Edited by flocci, 13 June 2021 - 06:51 AM.

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95635778.

Spoiler

Glad that you got it working.

Thanks for the heads up on the typosóIíll get them corrected.

if you want to use MOO, youíll have to drop at least Ascension and maybe some others, and then make your own bashed patch instead of the patch provided. Iím not familiar with MOO, so I canít provide specifics, but you should definitely be able to make it fit.

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95625698.

Spoiler

Are you launching the game through the shortcut you made in the xOBSE installation instructions step?

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #95622763.

Spoiler

There isnít really anything Iím that interested in in Stewieís Tweaks for Oblivion yet. The faster wait is probably the only one actually. Itís not as essential as for FNV, so I left it out for concision, but youíre free to add it.

Edited by PushTheWinButton, 13 June 2021 - 07:13 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.076 seconds