• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

1Mac

1Mac

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts
In response to post #111078043. #111097788, #111137913 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

If you overwrite Seamless with Robert’s Female, I think it should work, but you’d get neckseams. I don’t believe there’s a seamless version of RF available anywhere. Seamless integrates HGEC, which despite its stupid name is a perfectly fine female body replacer.

Xentariel

Xentariel

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Installed through wabbajack and I gotta say it's just what I was looking for. All the other mod packs or guides simply overdoes it with graphics or extensions that makes the game not Oblivion anymore. Great job.

Having an issue with the Enhanced water atm though, the water has no depth and can't see below etc. It's just opaque. Don't know what causes it and how to fix it yet. If anybody can help I would be grateful. Changed busewaterdepth=1 in Oblivion ini and it's fixed. Still too opaque for my taste though. 

Also I want to add some more quality of life and immersion mods on top of this. Should I create a bashed patch for them on top of the ttv patch? Or should I just get rid of it? There is a guide for adding mods on some other lists wabbajack pages but don't know. Maybe I can try and fail with some installs :)

EDIT: I've found it! Through the valleys patch IS the bashed patch. So I can just remove the mods from MO2, Install any mods I want, run LOOT from MO2 then run Wrye Bash from MO2, get throughthevalleyspatch.esp to the last and rebuild patch. This way I can remove and add any mod I want. Don't know if it will cause further problems down the road but for now the game seems totally ok. :)

Edited by Xentariel, 30 June 2022 - 08:24 PM.

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #111186753.

Spoiler

Yeah, I actually recommend that people make their own bashed patch instead of using the one provided, but most people don't know how, so that's why I still provide the patch. For best results, stick close to the load order I provided and add the extra tags to a couple of mods that I mention in the Final Steps section. The esp from Creature Spawn Chance Fix should also be placed after the bashed patch as I mention on the mod's page.

Edited by PushTheWinButton, 02 July 2022 - 03:12 PM.

Kizaru

Kizaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
In response to post #111186753. #111279803 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

About the extra tags, APFA - Refined and GOSH already had the correct tags (Graphics and Sound) listed on Wrye Bash
Is this perhaps a new feature, the current Wyre Bash I relatively new

LordAlonne

LordAlonne

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This guide was exactly what I was looking for coming back to Oblivion after over a decade. I was always scared to mod this game because it seemed much less straightforward then later Bethesda titles, but as a total novice this was incredibly simple and I suffered no setbacks following the guide. Vanilla+ Oblivion for dummies here is perfect.

I have a couple questions though. Ascension increases the required major skill increases from 10->15 to level up, does this reduce the max player level from 45-50 to around 35? If so that is very painful for how many attribute points you lose out on. Also is there any mod that includes a QoL feature for a keybound "loot all" function that I missed? If not could a mod like "A To Take All" be added to a future version of the guide or is there a conflict? I'm too much of a novice Oblivion modder to stray from the guide and add it myself, no clue about load order or patching conflicts.

Thank you again for all your hard work!

PushTheWinButton

PushTheWinButton

Wingin' It

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
In response to post #111291428.

Spoiler

With the exception of luck, you can still reach mostly max attributes if you gain +5s every level. You can always use the jail exploit to decrease your major skills and level up again anyway, until you reach maximum attributes. It’s very rare that anyone will actually play a save for that long though. Even if you did, since vanilla enemies level indefinitely, the game would be too hard to play. Balanced Creature Stats and Balanced NPC Level Cap fix that.

And yeah, you can add that mod without issues.

Xentariel

Xentariel

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
In response to post #111186753. #111279803, #111286238 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Thanks for the heads up :)

I added so many mods on top of your list so I'm trusting LOOT and mod descriptions atm :D Can send you the list, using your modlist as base I created the perfect vannila-esque immersive oblivion. 

Just trying to find 1 more mod that adds skill bonuses to race descriptions I know there was a mod like that but I could also dreamed it because been modding oblivion non stop with minimal sleep for the past 4 days 

Edit: Found it! 

Here is my expanded mod list if anybody curious (not the actual load order): 

Spoiler

Edited by Xentariel, 04 July 2022 - 06:44 PM.

Dispensation

Dispensation

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,078 posts
In response to post #111060168.

Spoiler

I set bFPSFix = 0. There appears to be a bug with this specific fix enabled, where you actually move and attack faster the higher your frame rate is.

Heingarth

Heingarth

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Blockhead.ini is not generated when I try to launch the game. I did every step correctly and launching the game through MO2. Blockhead seems to be working but I dont like skipping steps while modding a game. Does anyone know the reason behind this issue?

Edit: There is a blockhead.log file generated. It says the ini file has been created under OBSE/Plugins but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I tried to manually install obse plugins including blockhead in the data directory under the root folder. I got the same result again, no ini file. Obse log also says blockhead is initialized successfully. Its getting very annoying.

Edit2: Okay, I solved the problem. Somehow, the ini file emerged under Modding/MO2/overwrite/OBSE/Plugins. It took me a while to find it, and I am leaving it here if anyone experiences the same problem.

Edited by Heingarth, 05 July 2022 - 02:44 AM.

poseidon07

poseidon07

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
The load order file puts NAO - Even Brighter Nights.esp at the very bottom of the right pane of MO2. Should I move it just under the NAO.esp like the brighter nights file? 

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.404 seconds