Python for Dummies...good book to use to help you learn to mod?

GoddRighteousOward

if indeed python is the language used for programming Skyrim, ( I really have no idea... somehow I got it into my head it was some variant on JavaScript) then any primer, and doing its exercises, should be good enough. I learned what little I know knew of python simply from having programmed in Fortan77, Pascal, BASIC, and C++ and playing with some example programs. It's been several years since I did any python programming but I expect if I had to use it again, it'd be a simple matter of elbow grease and the routine headaches of any learning effort.

Maybe try one of the resources they use for the arduino (although I can't quite recall the particular Arduino variants that use it. Rasperry Pi maybe? ...idk. memory on that is fade, wasn't in very good health at the time and in quite a bit of pain, so it's all foggy. I was helping a friend modify some 3D printer crap back when Prusa was the defacto standard for (hobby) 3D printers to keep myself distracted.

A quick check on the net shows that yes the raspberry PI is the Arduino, and yes there are associated online resources. beyond that, well I'm busy listening to a Heinlein book right now and resting my neck and back (stupid me was spreading and tamping gravel early this morning in a fit of unexpected energy and overdid it), so you're on your own.

best wishes.