You know, people fixed Hole In The Wall when became clear Bathysphere was actively rigging the quest to make it impossible to avoid molerat disease.

People have traditionally fixed Bathyspherical quest triggers so blatant you could directly turn down a quest and get the stupid thing anyway.

There is one forced trigger that needs fixing, however, and it should be fairly simple TO fix. It's way. way early in the game, too.

You ever want to get the Concord survivors settled before/without getting The First Step? Look, even on Depravity runs, I like The First Step (although I do wish I'd get sent to Tenpines a bit less often), but you should be able to just go into Sanctuary Hills and get the request for help from Sturges. Unless you talk to Preston first, however, Sturges will tell you he's busy.

IT.

MAKES.

NO DAMNED.

SENSE.

So I am posting this in Fallout 4 Discussion and Mod Requests. The former because of the recounting above and the latter in hopes it gets added to Unofficial Patch or an ESLified standalone mod.

Was just thinking this a few days ago. Maybe it's just me but it feels like Sanctuary will not grow beyond two or three settlers unless you've rescued the Five and talked to Sturges. As if growth is capped unless you start the MM quest line.

I keep trying to do a slow progression play through where I build one settlement at a time and don't move on until it is well established and stable, but that requires Sanctuary and Red Rocket before getting anywhere near Concord, and Sanctuary just won't grow without The First Step and the Sturges quest.

You know, people fixed Hole In The Wall when became clear Bathysphere was actively rigging the quest to make it impossible to avoid molerat disease.

What are you talking about?

He's talking about the quest, in a vault, where if you're not careful and get bit by a molerat you get molerat disease that you can't cure.

I've played the quest several times and avoided getting bit, but then I don't go running around with guns blazing either

I take a slow stealthy approach

He's talking about the quest, in a vault, where if you're not careful and get bit by a molerat you get molerat disease that you can't cure.

I've played the quest several times and avoided getting bit, but then I don't go running around with guns blazing either

I know the "Hole In The Wall" quest.

I am just confused about all this talk of "Bathysphere"

Wonder if that isn't auto-corrects' take on Bethesda. :D

Wonder if that isn't auto-corrects' take on Bethesda. :D

Oooohhhhh!

Now it makes sense!

And you were right, HTR. I reserve that term for when the Bathysphere is sinking to lows yet again. Started actually using it in postings after 76 got rolling.

As for forced behaviors, it's just outright bizarre game scripts are wasted on things like forcing you to talk to Preston that way. Hell, I still get eyetwitches when he asks about other survivors of 111 when he was right next to you while you and Mama Murphy were discussing Shaun after the second defense of the Museum of Freedom (AKA the Deathclaw Fight).

And you were right, HTR. I reserve that term for when the Bathysphere is sinking to lows yet again. Started actually using it in postings after 76 got rolling.

As for forced behaviors, it's just outright bizarre game scripts are wasted on things like forcing you to talk to Preston that way. Hell, I still get eyetwitches when he asks about other survivors of 111 when he was right next to you while you and Mama Murphy were discussing Shaun after the second defense of the Museum of Freedom (AKA the Deathclaw Fight).

The one that gets me, is how the Concord survivors always talk about getting things done, and immediately, the Handyman, Sturges starts telling you what to do.

Then once you're done doing everything that Sturges said HE was going to do, then Preston starts telling you what to do and starts sending YOU out on missions, even though he's calling YOU "General", while he sits there, staring aimlessly out a window while whistling a tuneless melody, claiming "I've got my hands full here"

Dude, you are literally sitting there, whistling AND DOING NOTHING, don't tell me your hands are full.