Mechwarrior 5 extension

Floydii0

I've managed to get a vortex extension working for MW5 (or at least showing up in Vortex) using the add game wizard. Problem is no MW5 mods have the option to download with Vortex on the Nexus website.

What am I missing? I've seen the Manager download button for Battletech, but its absent on all the MW5 mods.

Currently the process for installing mods from Nexus for MW5 is to download the zip from Nexus and copy the contents (a single folder) directly into the ''X:\MW5Mercs\MW5Mercs\Mods'' folder at which point you run the game and enable said mod in the mod menu.

Edited by Floydii0

You're not missing anything, since there wasn't a mod manager for MW5, the mod authors didn't bother adding the "Download with manager" button.

You can download the mods manually into your Vortex Downloads MechWarrior 5 folder, or you can download the mods manually and drag them to Vortex to install

Or, you can contact the Mod Authors and ask them to add the "Download with Mod Manager" button on their mod pages.

Or, you can contact the Mod Authors and ask them to add the "Download with Mod Manager" button on their mod pages.

Is there a guide for where this is done during mod management?

YOu contact the Mod Author on the Nexus, by either PMingthem, or posting on their mod page to ask them to turn on the "Download with Manager" button on their mod page.