[LE] Complete beginner. No layers window for Skyrim CK?

Apologies ahead of time for a question that may seem obvious to most people here...

I'm a beginner and trying to follow some guides and videos to learn the ropes about the Creation Kit.

The most helpful tutorial I've found is geared toward Fallout CK, not Skyrim. From what I can tell though, the functionality is virtually identical. Problem is, I'm seeing a "layers" window in guides that I cannot locate in my UI. Googling has gotten me nowhere.

So my questions are:

- does the Skyrim CK also have a layers window? and if so

- where the f can I toggle it? (please don't just say "under View," I have tested everything there with no luck so far, so I apparently need clearer steps)

Any help appreciated!

I haven't used, or encountered, a layers window before, but then my creation kit use is usually minor and infrequent. That being said, here is a link to the Skyrim Creation Kit tutorials. This first page is setup, covers both "oldrim" and special edition. Then, there is a link to return to the tutorial hub, with more job-specific tutorials, and a lot more that you can find by popping some key words into the search box. Hopefully it will help. I like it because I can keep it up in the background, or on a separate device, and refer to it, step-by-step.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Getting_Started

I haven't used, or encountered, a layers window before, but then my creation kit use is usually minor and infrequent. That being said, here is a link to the Skyrim Creation Kit tutorials. This first page is setup, covers both "oldrim" and special edition. Then, there is a link to return to the tutorial hub, with more job-specific tutorials, and a lot more that you can find by popping some key words into the search box. Hopefully it will help. I like it because I can keep it up in the background, or on a separate device, and refer to it, step-by-step.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Getting_Started

Thanks for answering!

I previously reviewed the tutorials you linked and never found mention of a Layers window. Ctrl+F on " layer" on each page this second time around came up empty. Layer as a general keyword search on CK Wiki turned up nothing helpful, which is what drove me to forums in the first place.

I'll do a deeper dive tomorrow to be sure I'm not missing anything, but on first glance it seems I may be chasing a ghost that only exists in the FO version of CK. Too bad, seems like a very useful feature.

There are certainly no 'layers' in the Skyrim CK and there may be other things that are in the Fallout CK that are not in the Skyrim CK and vice versa. Although the core Game Engines are the same there are a host of other software functions that are bolted around game engines to support the particular game being made. These will be reflected in the CK's for those games.