• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Benny841

Benny841

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I don't know if this particular issue has ever been discussed, but it involves creating an NPC. In the Fallout 3 GECK, I create a human female NPC. By default, the NPC starts out as Caucasian, but I wanted the NPC to be African-American. The NPC's head was changed to the assigned race, but her body is still Caucasian. Even in-game as a little test I decided to conduct for myself, her body is lighter than her head. What seems to be the issue?

M48A5

M48A5

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts

Did you assign the correct body texture in G.E.C.K.?  The head, hands and body are all different meshes. 

Benny841

Benny841

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Did you assign the correct body texture in G.E.C.K.?  The head, hands and body are all different meshes. 

I don't understand. How is that possible? I went to the NPC's editing menu, went to the dropdown menu for Race and selected "AfricanAmerican". That should've changed the color of the body as well, but it didn't. And I'm using Fallout 3's vanilla meshes and textures, no mods installed.

Edited by Benny841, 14 June 2021 - 09:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: npc, geck, bug, fallout 3, fo3, editor, modding, race

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.269 seconds