Windows Service Pack 2

After installing Windows SP 2, Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger stopped working. This seems kind of redundant, since they're both Microsoft Programs. Anyway, has anyone else had this problem, or something simliar?

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition.

yeah, always wait a couple of months b4 downloading a recently released service pack. Microsoft has a bad habit of releasing buggy 'patches' for xp. Once they patch it up though, it should be pretty cool.

And, dude, definitely go for XP pro. Home Edition Suks

As a sign of some kind of poetic justice, my Auto Updates really did download SP2 earlier today, and it's made my dad a headache of hate. First of all, I had Windows on my small hard drive that had about 300 megs of space left. I figured that was plenty until SP2 came along and filled about 298 megs of space. So, now, I can't make system restore points, and I constantly get a "Low Disk Space" message.

So, I uninstalled SP2, and the Low Disk Space thing won't go away. It says I've got 7 megs left on my hard drive, and now I don't know what to do. Also, I can't get Morrowind to run, because of this.

And I have a cold.

Archived