Text now only boxes?

MakotoDietrich

I recently installed this Enhanced Character Edit by tktk1 (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12951//?). I opened my skyrim today to test it out, and all of my text is appearing as boxes instead of letters. I'm not sure what happened. Is there a file I can download to restore my text to its original state without losing my mods?

I also installed ECEE - RANs Enhanced Character Edit Enhancer by RAN46 (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35713//?), but this was a small file with a simple transfer process, which is why I think it's the mod by tktk1 that I bunged.

HALP MEH.

Can you post a screenshot of the issue and...

Do you have Skyrim in original English, or another language? If other language you need to find a translated version or indeed you will have boxes or other weird stuff going on...

Also you must have SKSE installed and the newest version of Skyrim

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can you post a screenshot of the issue and...

Do you have Skyrim in original English, or another language? If other language you need to find a translated version or indeed you will have boxes or other weird stuff going on...

Also you must have SKSE installed and the newest version of Skyrim

Is there any update on this? All of a sudden Breezehome's door now reads as [][][][][][] as well as some save games in the load game menu.... All seem to be from the same character (the saves), but I don't know why all of a sudden my one character's files are all [][][] instead of "QuickSave" or "AutoSave"... I deleted the Strings files and then checked for errors in STEAM and it redownloaded them, but the problem persists. Anyone have any suggestions for this sort of error?

• 2 months later...

Delete any files named

fontconfig.txt
fonts_en.swf
fonts_en2.swf
gfxfontlib.swf
Translate_ENGLISH.txt

in your Data\Interface folder and re-verify your game cache.

How do you re-verify your cache?

Delete any files named

fontconfig.txt
fonts_en.swf
fonts_en2.swf
gfxfontlib.swf
Translate_ENGLISH.txt

in your Data\Interface folder and re-verify your game cache.

How do you re-verify your cache?

Sorry, never mind that. I figured it out.