Saving disk space

raptorkiller08

I wanted to save some space in my disk. I have deleted the downloaded zip files that was located in the directory /vortex/downloads/skyrim/ but it seems that I need more space. Can I delete the unzipped files in /vortex/skyrim/mods/ ? Because I see that they are separated once installed. One file is in the mentioned directory, and the other is in DATA files in Skyrim files.

Thanks in advance, regards

Anna

It may look like you have two copies of the mod - but only hard links exist in your game directory.

The actual mod - that you are playing with - exists only in your staging directory. Delete it - and your mod is gone. Not to mention you will confuse Vortex.

Bad thing from your point of view is that Windows does not report this space correctly. Windows will say you have 20GB of mods in the game directory, and 20GB of mods in the staging directory. Windows lies.

Well, windows doesn't technically lie, it's just confusing.

You have 20GB worth of files in the game directory and 20GB in the staging directory but they are *the same* 20 GB.

It's like having a shared bank account with your spouse: you can go to the ATM, see you have $100, they go to a different ATM, also see $100, doesn't mean together you have $200.