• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Akrham

Akrham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi all

I would like to ask a clarification about merged/bashed patches with ssedit. 

So far, i am ending up with a pretty big load order. Mostly, it is followers (I like to play a character with a small army), and quests/overhauls that I would like to interact in a single playthrough (like legacy of dragonborn with a bunch of other quests, to create a big museum). 

My questions is about the patches that are needed for those quests/overhauls. Should I include those patches in the merged patch (I may need to merge a few of those patches plugin to keep within the plugin limit of ssedit) or can I just skip them (mostly are .esl or espfe files)? 

In general, can I skip .esl and espfe files (like more kats or more argonians of skyrim, or other esl/espfe followers) in my merged patch? Or should I include them?

These questions come from the fact that I am wondering if I should stick to merged/bashed patches or move to smashed patch with rab splitter (which I never used, so I would have to learn from scratches).

Thank you for your time! 

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 18,880 posts

The programs that make Merged and Smashed Patches don't support over 255 esps anyway.

Akrham

Akrham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

The programs that make Merged and Smashed Patches don't support over 255 esps anyway.

Thank you for your reply. I have been able, by selecting mods and merging some followers (just basic ones, without special scripts) to reduce esps to about 190. But I still have about 70 esl files, patches are most of it (about 40 esl or espfe are patches, legacy of dragonborn alone resulted in about 15 patches).

If i try a merged patch with all of them, then it says that ssedit can't process more than 253 records. Thus my question, can i skip patches from my merged patch? Should I merge the patch plugins? Or, at worst, discard more mods?

thank you for your time!

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.987 seconds