Kel1978

Sorry to bother anyone but vortex is not working for the gamepass version of Fallout 76. I assume this is because the executable is not named Fallout76.exe like in the retail version but is in fact Project76_GamePass.exe. is there any chance you can fix this?

Untitlfgfsged.png

Guest deleted34304850

you'd have to ask the developer of the fallout 76 extension. that isn't done by nexusmods. it's a user-contributed addon. i'm sure if you contact them, they'll try to help you.

the extention installed fine but when I clicked "game" navigated to Fallout 76 and clicked "manage" Vortex expects Fallout76.exe which I dont have. Isn't this a vortex problem?

the extention installed fine but when I clicked "game" navigated to Fallout 76 and clicked "manage" Vortex expects Fallout76.exe which I dont have. Isn't this a vortex problem?

NO, IT's an Extension Problem as 1ae0bfb8 explained to you.

It's an EXTENSION problem and you need to contact the person who wrote the extension in order to let them know that the extension also must look for "Project76_GamePass.exe" for Gamepass.

Guest deleted34304850

You misunderstand. The extension is not native to Vortex, it was created and is supported by a Nexusmods member.

The extension itself, not Vortex, needs to be updated to deal with the Gamepass version of Fallout76, which seems to be named differently from the original (Thanks Microsoft).

If you contact the developer of the extension and let them know your issue, I am certain they will provide an update. There is nothing anyone else (including Nexusmods staff and Vortex development) can do to help you.

As far as I know - it is not possible to mod games in a Gamepass directory. Microsoft maintains those games in a read-only sandbox.

I welcome correction on this; any additional information on Gamepass games would be good.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9774678-modding-bethesda-games-on-game-pass-what-we-know-so-far/page-16&do=findComment&comment=95841823

Note my post towards the end of the thread however, thanks to Gamepass, SKSE and other script extenders will NOT Work