Newbie herew, how can open the wasteland?

ElRusoMods

So the thing is this, i want to do something very similar to open freeside but in a minor way, the many tents the ncr have some are open and some others are "close" and need to load in another world space, i want to change this so they are all now in the open, maeby once this is complete i will move to some houses but first i need help whit the tents.

So i ask you, i dont know if this is a recurrent theme, i search but a didnt find anythin related to help me in this little proyect, maeby i didnt see it o pass over it but please give me at least some guidance.

Srry my shity english, not my first languaje

Well, Bethesda created interior spaces for tents when the exterior size of the tent is a lot smaller than the interior size they wanted. Also, using an interior cell gives you control over many things, like weather, lighting, sound/music, ownership of things in it, etc.

Edited by GamerRick

The basic procedure is that for every tent you are going to need to either remove the door or possibly replace the entire tent if that particular tent model doesn't have an interior built into the model. Then you'll need to copy everything that was in the interior and you'll need to move it to the worldspace. Depending on the location, this could cause game performance issues and possibly out of memory errors if you end up loading too much stuff at once. Sometimes they moved stuff to interior cells or to mini worldspaces just to deal with game limitations and performance issues.

Quest items will need to be moved.

As Rick said, sometimes the interiors don't match the exteriors so you won't be able to just copy and paste. You might have to get creative to get the same general feel while squishing things down into a smaller size.

Once you have moved everything around you'll need to navmesh the area inside the tent and link that up with the external navmeshes for those cells.

You might need to modify some of the NPCs. If they need to be in a tent for you to find them, they might just have a default sandbox package that works fine inside the confines of an interior cell, but might make them wander off and be difficult to find if they are free to roam in an exterior cell.

The basic procedure is that for every tent you are going to need to either remove the door or possibly replace the entire tent if that particular tent model doesn't have an interior built into the model. Then you'll need to copy everything that was in the interior and you'll need to move it to the worldspace. Depending on the location, this could cause game performance issues and possibly out of memory errors if you end up loading too much stuff at once. Sometimes they moved stuff to interior cells or to mini worldspaces just to deal with game limitations and performance issues.

Quest items will need to be moved.

As Rick said, sometimes the interiors don't match the exteriors so you won't be able to just copy and paste. You might have to get creative to get the same general feel while squishing things down into a smaller size.

Once you have moved everything around you'll need to navmesh the area inside the tent and link that up with the external navmeshes for those cells.

You might need to modify some of the NPCs. If they need to be in a tent for you to find them, they might just have a default sandbox package that works fine inside the confines of an interior cell, but might make them wander off and be difficult to find if they are free to roam in an exterior cell.

Thanks, this is the best responce so far, very complete. I will see what can be done or just tosse it to the trash can of unfinish proyects