I have a character progression mod request.

m4dk

I have an idea for what I hope is a fairly simple mod to make for someone who knows their way around Oblivion. I'm happy to pay for a modder's time via PayPal.

Here's the idea: I would like for quest completion and location discovery to award points that can be spent to level skills.

I've modded for Morrowind before, and I've looked into making this Oblivion mod for myself. But the learning curve is still very steep. I have not a whole ton of free time right now. I'm hoping that I can commission someone who's already got past that learning curve so that I won't have to dedicate a ton of time to learning and doing it myself.

I haven't found an existing mod that does this. I'm aware of mods like Ultimate Leveling and Oblivion XP which completely overhaul character progression in Oblivion. They are fantastic mods, though not what I'm after. I just want a small addition. I don't mind Oblivion's vanilla mechanics for character level and attribute increases, especially with a mod like Attribute Progression Redesign to make attribute increases just a little more forgiving. The thing is that I really enjoy questing and exploring in Oblivion, but I don't enjoy doing repetitive things to grind for skill levels. So I'd like for questing and exploring to directly contribute to skill progression. This would do a lot for my personal enjoyment of the game!

I'm open to other thoughts for accomplishing this skill progression goal, especially if it ends up being difficult to do it specifically this way. But my thinking is to award a set number of points to the player upon completing any quest, and another smaller set number of points upon newly discovering any location. An interface would be available to the player to spend points to increase their chosen skill levels. The point rewards for questing and exploring and the point cost per skill level would be configurable, in an INI or an in-game UI or somewhere.

I can imagine that per-quest skill point reward balancing might be a nice addition, but I'll be perfectly happy for my own purposes to just have the same set reward for every quest.

I'm not looking to own the mod or anything, just to play the game with it. The work is yours, the mod is yours.

Please reply here or send me a private message if this is something you might be interested in, and we can talk details?